how do i stop my unemployment?

i live in iowa and have recently found a job,i start monday.

how do i stop my unemployment,do i just stop calling the number or should i call and say i worked for that week?

Favorite Answer

"When you start a new job (full or part-time) after applying for unemployment, please notify Iowa Workforce Development. If you are working full-time, you should discontinue calling in your weekly-continued claim."

As far as as I know you do need it taken out, if that's the rule in your state, you may become unemployed in the future and they don't want you on welfare, where you haven't paid into it, but would become an immediate burden on the state, whereas unemployment is paid for by the employer and employee in some states and just the employer in others In NY state both parties pay into the unemployment insurance fund. From the sound of it, so does the questioner.

Yes, just stop calling and filling out your job search paperwork, if it's a permanent position. If it's just a temp job, keep reporting in that you have work the weeks you work, and when the work stops, you can start to collect unemployment again.

• $

Just stop calling. They will call you at least 3 times to try and get you back. It sounds crazy but just wait and see for yourself. You will get questions about how much you are now making and if you "feel" that it is enough, so on and so on. I would swear they are sad to see you go. It is the craziest thing I ever saw.

Just don't call in anymore. However, the best thing to do is when you do call in, make sure you give how many hours you worked and how much you earned.

Call up the office and let them know you have found a job and give them your start date.

Do it today.

• Jo

In NJ, when you report, they ask for your hours worked and money made. Then they ask if you have returned to full time work. You answer yes.

call the unemployment office or ask employer