jabin asked in Dining OutFast Food · 10 years ago

Describe pizza please?

I need to describe something for our english class and i choose pizza. I have to describe it in such a way my classmates will be able to guess it without telling them exactly what it is but just by describing it indirectly. Could you please help me describe a pizza?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Pizza:

The birth of a pizza starts as flour a little yeast, egg, salt, olive oil and water. This basic material you use to make what is called dough when you mix it together. When you have all the materials mixed together they will stick to make a ball. This is the foundation of a pizza. To get ready to cook you will get a flat metal cooking sheet that is non stick so the dough will not stick to it. It is also a good idea to put some raw flour on the cooking sheet before you put your dough. Using your fingers or a rolling pin you make the dough into a flat round circle.

Next it is time to put the sauce on the dough. It is important when you make the dough into a flat round circle to make like a little wall around the edges of the dough so the sauce will not spill out. This will be known as the crust. The sauce is made mostly from tomato and you spread it about half a centemeter thick on the dough.

Then you can put any type of vegetables or meat you would like to cook on top of the sauce. Some common ones that people use are mushroom, roasted pepper (red), olives, onion, garlic. You slice your vegetables thin and put them all over your dough. I think it is best to use soft vegetables rather than hard vegetables. Things like carrot, radish, brocolli will not finish cooking and will still be a little hard after cooking, but you can still use them.

For meat it is again anythin you want to use but you just slice it thin. Most common meats used are chicken, sausage (pork), ground beef, pepperoni (a deli meat that is seasoned). Again you put it on top of the pizza.

The final step to assembling your pizza is to put cheese on top of everything. It is common to grate the cheese, meaning you take a block of cheese and make it into small thin strips. Again there is no rule on what type of cheese or how much you can use.

The pizza is cooked in an oven. You heat the inside of an oven to about 400 degrees F and put the cooking sheet with all the materials inside. You have to check it a few times. You open the oven and gently lift the bottom of your creation to see it is not burning. When the dough turns golden brown it is finished cooking. Take it out cut it like you would cut a cake and then let it cool a little and enjoy.

Pizza can be a window to let others know a little about what are your favorite foods. There is no rule of what you can put on a pizza it is all up to individual taste. That is why there are so many kinds of different pizza's from all over the world. Most have in common is the dough, tomato sauce, and cheese. The rest is whatever you feel like putting in your stomach!!!

The taste is usually a little greasy from the fat of the meats and the cooking oil. I almost forget before putting the vegetables on the pizza it is a good idea to fry them a little to remove some of the water from them before putting it on the dough. If you do not then the water will make your dough wet and you will get a soggy pizza.

I do not know where you are from so I cannot compare it to your local food.

I hope this will give you some ideas to help you describe pizza.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Flat circular toasty dough that has sauce (usually tomato based) with toppings with cheese of various forms as the base topping, and other toppings could be added and can be anything one pleases that is a food substances.

• corl
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

it has a company circular doughy brown bread base with inexperienced herby pink tomato base delicate stringy yellow cheese chopped gentle portions of salty cooked purple ham recent hot candy smelling portions of yellow pineapple chunks scattered with recent inexperienced basil flecks smells hot, fruity and tomatoey the color is brilliant, hot and vibrant it style candy and bitter

• 10 years ago

Pizza:

Round, tasty, greasy, oily, saucy, cheesy, delicious!

Hope this helps!...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

round, buttery, cheesy, Italian, saucy heaven

Source(s): hungry girl
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Pizza is like a spotty little girl! :)

• 10 years ago

Heaven in your mouth.

• 10 years ago

PIZZA:

you buy it, then bite it, then chew it, then swallow it, then digest it, thatn poop it out, then flush it, then eat more

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

huh? o.0

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.