Is the WalMart brand of Corn (in the can) from China?

I bought the microwavable kind in those little plastic bowls and said made in "Thailand". The tin cans just said distrubted by a company in Arizona, but didnt' see Thailand on the can. Do you know if the corn in the cans is from china too? Do they have to tell us if it is from a different country?

Favorite Answer

No it's not grown in Thailand. Thailand is a country and it is bordered to the north by Burma and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Burma.

I believe the only thing that is from Thailand is just that, the little plastic bowl is made there then shipped to the states and is fill with American grown corn; if is wasn't it would have to state by federal regulations and laws, that the corn was a product of what country it was grown in. Corn is one of the cheapest and abundant vegetables that is grown; we grow and ship corn to just about all countries in the world. It is most likely that the corn in that can was canned by a brand name company, but sticks Walmart label on it. I work for a giant food retail corporation and our store brand is packed by Del Monte but has our label on it. And believe me, when Walmart comes a knocking wanting corn packed in can or plastic containers, big companies like Del Monte jump at the chance to get the business. I hope this helped, good luck.

I don't blame her for not eating Iams- I'm sure it doesn't taste any better than the ingredients look. :-) She'll thank you for finding her a better food. Well here's my list, best to worst: Innova Evo- 15 out of 10. Best food on the market, IMHO. Orijens- 9.5 Artemis- 9 Wellness- 9 Merrick- 8 Canidae- 8 Timberwolf Organics- 8 Professional- 8 Fromm- 8 Chicken Soup- 8 Solid Gold- 8 California Natural- 7 Health Extension- 7 Avoderm- 7 Blue Buffalo- 6 Foods I do not suggest, rated for comparison only: Iams- 1.5 Eukanuba- 2 Purina- 1 Pedigree- 1 Science Diet- 1 EDIT: Royal Canin- 1 Any good food will extend your dog's life and reduce shedding and odors- it's just part of being a healthier dog. On the other hand, a Pom is double coated and will always shed to some extent.

1. Thailand is not China.

2. They dont grow much corn in China.

Yes it is.

Retailers claim they are sourcing cheap product because that is what the consumer wants.

Horse Shiite, Walmart and other major retailers has become totally anti American as it deliberalty sources product from overseas to minimize its own costs and maximize it s returnes to shareholders.

they are doing it at the expense of the American farmers and manufacturers.

By American made , the job you save could be your own.

• Duke

All corn is grown at the Neverland Ranch.

• Ms.G.

I have no idea really but maybe you can go to the Wal-mart website and look this up.

Here are FDA packaging requirements

http://www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/default....

I didn't know people still ate veggies from a can.

"everything IS made in china