Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 10 years ago

What love means to a 4-8 year old................?

A group of professional ppl posed this question to a group of 4-8 years-olds, "what does love mean?"

The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

Here..See what they think ..

1. ( Age 8 ) - When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldnt bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too.

2. ( Age 4 ) - When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.

3. ( Age 5 ) - Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.

4. ( Age 6 ) - Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your frnch fries without making them give you any of theirs.

5. ( Age 4 ) - Love is what makes you smile when you are tired.

6. ( Age 7 ) - Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure that the taste is OK.

7. ( Age 7 ) - Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.

8. ( Age 6 ) - LOve is like a little woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.

9. ( Age 8 ) - During my Piano recital, I was on the stage and I was scared. I looked at all the ppl watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling..He was the only one doing that. I wasnt scared anymore.

10. ( Age 6 ) - My mommy loves me more than anybody. You dont see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.

11. (Age 7 ) - Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.

12. (Age 4 ) - When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.

13. (Age 8 ) - You really shouldnt say " I love you " unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it alot. People forget.

14. ( age 7 ) - Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.

This what love means to them !!

I loved those sweet and innocent definitions !!

Did you like them ?? Which one did you like the most ??

* I read it somewhere, just thought to share it *

good day..

:)

thanks:)

Best Answer

thanks a lot for sharing it with us! i enjoyed all the sweet and innocent definitions.they were cute. no one else can define love in such a lovely manner.thanks again for bringing it my way.

i seriously cannot choose one. but since u ask i liked the 11th one.

I can't imagine 4-8 year old Filipino kids acting intelligently. No offense meant here but I know kids of these age range do not really know what the true meaning of love is but only through the examples of their parents or older persons. Usually love is expressed by kissing a child when he/she is hurt and mommy tells him/her that she will take the pain away because mommy loves him/her. Love, for them, is being soothed and being kissed, being cuddled and being petted. Other than that, I don't think they'd go deeper than what is usually shown them.

• cheri

Thank you .. it is so beautiful i am gong to share it as well .. these are my favorites ♥

( Age 4 ) - When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.

( Age 4 ) - Love is what makes you smile when you are tired.

( Age 6 ) - LOve is like a little woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.

When I was 6 I had a love but she talked about my shoes being girls shoes so she

walked with her frineds and I tried to stay away from her going to the other side of

school, but a guy in the money bars told me if i come up he will throw me off.

I walked away, no body loved me at school.

I agree with all but the Age 8 was totally true.

As an aspiring poet I have to chose No. 12 When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.....I wish I had written that!

Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your french fries without making them give you any of theirs.

I knew of a dog who would bring her teddy bear french fries, even tho it was her favorite treat. That toy was her best friend. When they put it in the washer to wash it she would sit and stare up at the machine the whole time.

• i like 1 and 2 so cute

They are all sweet and uplifting. My stress went away for a moment. I really LOL when I read #7. THATS MY HUSBAND! Alright already..rest the shirt MAN!

Aww...all very cute,

but I love number 13.

That really is true, people do forget.