White Sapphire engagement ring....?

My partner and I have approx £750 to spend on an engagement ring and i have been looking in the stores and even online and you can only really get approx 0.25 of a carat for that amount of money. Which would be fine, bit i have large hands and the small diamonds just get drowned on my finger... So after searching... show more My partner and I have approx £750 to spend on an engagement ring and i have been looking in the stores and even online and you can only really get approx 0.25 of a carat for that amount of money. Which would be fine, bit i have large hands and the small diamonds just get drowned on my finger...
So after searching online for gemstone rings i have totally fallen for this ring...

http://www.paulwrightjewellery.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=181

What do you think?
I dont see the issue i think the ring is lovely! But should an engagement ring be a diamond? Seems i am getting so much more for my money and it is soooo pretty!
Any thoughts on this issue?