What is the best cologne/body spray for gay men?

Favorite Answer

Actually Moonlight, recent research has shown that homosexual men and heterosexual men respond differently to typical smells that are suppose to attract and arouse people. Homosexual smell is actually more like a woman's. Which would make this question legit. And all people and "groups" (male, female, asians, caucasians, etc.) all have their differences in general preferences, it's a fact of life. That does not mean that we're going to the extreme of contradicting ourselves and separating LGBT people from others.

The article is here if you want to read it:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/05...

And personally, (and I'm a bit ashamed to say this) but I kind of like the smell of Axe. Partly because I've subconsciously associated it with masculinity (thank you high school locker rooms) and general hotness. Just don't overdo it and spray it on like sunscreen on a 60 degrees Celsius day. And I personally don't like designer scents but simple and natural scents like vanilla, cinnamon, grass, or even clothing detergent like Tide or fabric softener. Basically, I'm attracted more to the thoughts or associations these scentes give me like awesome food, good times at outside on the soccer field or park with friends, or the warm, soft feeling of clothes fresh out of the dryer.

• Is Moonlight the name of the cologne or the username of the person asking the question? Is a gay cologne available to buy at a store? I want my lover back!

Gay Cologne

As a gay man, I use the same cologne that heterosexual men use. I do like the scent of things that are not cologne at times. I do not apply vanilla, and the such. When a man has a great smelling cologne on it drives me crazy in a sexual / romantic way. And some of these men a heterosexual friends, as well as, gay men. Yes gay men and straight men are different in some ways as a man in general.

• Percy

Not Axe. But then that's true for all men. :)

In my experience, gay men aren't that into cologne. I've known some who wear it but mostly not. Go with something more subtle, like a body wash and/or hand lotion with a scent. I've always found vanilla to be a bit of a male aphrodisiac - your mileage may vary.

Oh, and moonlight, could you be any more annoying? Gay guys find different things attractive than straight women - out of everything, this is pretty much the only part where separatism is the correct way to go.

no, it's not. it's uncommon, but it's not gay. if a man feels the need to protect himself from being mugged or hurt in any way, he should have pepper spray. I agree that this isn't common, but it shouldn't be judged. no one should judge you for at least being careful. i have heard some bad things about some women. like in some relationships the women tend to become nuts, so the men need some kind of protection.

I don't use cologne, just some deodorant on my pits. I prefer for a guy to not use any as well...its too girly for my tastes and I like the smell of a man...

• Nick

I like the way Escape smells. I bought a bottle for my boyfriend to wear. But I agree with the other posters. Sometimes deodorant and a little sweat is the best smell on a man.

I don't use scents, I don't like to smell weird. I would guess the same as a straight man, or bi man.

• Jared

Um, the same kind straight men use?

my gay friend likes cotton candy and anything fruity