Pip
Pip asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

I want to name my daughter Mimi...does it need to be a nickname?

I am starting to really love the name Mimi. /mee mee/

But, do you think it can stand alone as a name, or does it need to be a nickname for a longer name?

I know two little girls called Mimi, one of them has her full name just Mimi, the other one, well I;m not sure.

1. What do you think of the name Mimi?

2. If it need to be a nickname, what full name would you use?

3. What middle names would you pair if it was just the name Mimi?

(Yes, my screen name is Mimi, but just on Y!A. My name is Naomi, no-one actually calls me Mimi in real life, though so it's not an issue)

Thanks everyone!

Happy Tuesday!

Favorite Answer

I think Mimi is better when it is a nickname for a longer name, it gives her more options later in life.

1. I think Mimi is really cute for a young person, but it doesn't always age well, thus the reason it's smart to used it as a nickname.

2. Mia, Mila, Demi, Naomi, really any name with a 'me' sound anywhere in it.

3. I can't see Mimi as a full name so it's hard to come up with middle names for it.

1. I think its adorable :) Very cute.

2. Personally, I think so. It doesn't have the "caliber", as such, to be a full first name in my opinion. It's very cute, and so it doesn't work that well in professional situations. I'd say Matilda, Mirabel, Amelie / Amelia or Camilla (some of which are a bit of a stretch)

3. Mimi Giselle

Mimi Elise

Mimi Geneva

Mimi Rosália

Mimi June

Mimi Grace

Mimi Claire

1. I like the name

2. Miriam

3. Mimi Annabelle, Mimi Sara, Mimi Jillian

I think you can use Mimi as a full name. I don't know if I have ever seen it as such, but if that is what you want to do, you totally can.

Source(s): .

1. I think its cute as a familiar name, but not a formal name.

2. Maureen, Miriam, Miranda, Amelia, Naomi, Camille, Millicent, Minerva, Michelle, almost any of Mary's variants would work, Demetra, Minette, Demetria... There are probably a lot more but those are all the ones I can think of

3. Mimi Louise... That's about all I can think of on that front...

Lol I just read that Naomi is your name... Well, I'll keep that suggestion anyways. haha

It sounds like a nickname to me. Mimi can be a familiar term for pretty much any "M" name.

Miranda

Malory

Milania

Melissa

etc etc...

NB: Mariah Carey (the singer) goes by Mimi to her friends and family so there ya go!

1. I like it, it's quite cute.

2. Miriam. =]

3. Mimi Agnesa, Mimi Charlotte, Mimi Alessandra... basically just a long middle name to balance out the shortness of the first name.

Every time I hear the name Mimi I think of the character from the Drew Carey show

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2007/10/15/1015_mimi_1-1.j...

• abadie

specific you'll be able to desire to try this. this is totally. As for center names... attempt Alexandria Marie Alexandria Brianne Alexandria Diane Alexandria Francine Alexandria Jenine Alexandria Claire Alexandria Patrice Alexandria Renee

you would be the parent so its what you love.... Mimi could be either... Mimi Lynn... : )

• Don't feel obligated to give your child a given name and a nickname, especially if you really just want to call her by her nickname. It gets annoying, especially in school, having to correct teachers all the time.

Mimi works just fine as a full name.