lbk10us asked in TravelAir Travel · 10 years ago

Can I bring my computer printer as a carry-on on flight?

I am flying home from college and I need to bring my printer home but I do not have the proper box to send it and I do not want it to get damaged and knocked around. Am I allowed to have a printer/scanner in my carryon as long as its within the size and weight limits?

Favorite Answer

Sure you can, as long it's within size and weight limits. Full sized electronics need to removed from whatever you're carrying it in and placed separately in a plastic tray for x-ray, just like a laptop. The TSA mentions full sized electronics on this webpage (scroll down):

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/sop/index.shtm#video

If the printer is within the size and weight, there shouldn't be any problem

anyway, if you put it in your bag, no one know except security.

Well, there isn't any rules against it. But you might get a few weird looks if they open the bag. But yes, you should be able to get it in the carry-on. Of course, it has to be in the dimensions that the airlines allow.

-Jessie

i'm interior the comparable situtation. i would be examining in a foreign country and that i truthfully do no longer want to purchase a clean printer. i want to take plates, forks and cups with me lol and that i truthfully want to take my printer with me, yet its somewhat massive. with any luck we are able to.