Does anybody agree that Kevin Durant>LeBron James this season?

It's all facts, LeBron was good but not great. LeBron is stealing the MVP title from somebody who truly deserves it.

The facts:

LeBron James:

Played 76 games.

Played 39 minutes a game.

29.7 points per game.

7.3 rebounds per game.

8.3 assists per game.

1.6 steals per game.

1.0 blocks per game.

.503 FG percentage.

Impressive right? but what is more impressive is this guy

Kevin Durant:

82 games played, didn't miss a single one this season

39.5 minutes per game (.5 better than LeBron)

31.1 points per game (.4 better than LeBron)

7.6 rebounds per game (.3 better than LeBron)

2.8 assists per game (this is a big decline, but still assists don't exponentially have that big of an effect)

1.4 steals per game (.2 less than LeBron)

1.0 blocks per game (Same as LeBron)

.476 FG percentage.

Not only do stats matter, but Kevin Durant turned around his team and made the playoffs for a franchise that was at one time the worst in the league. Who does Durant have compared to LeBron Russell Westbrook? Jeff Green? Etan Thomas? None that really stick out, although LeBron has other all-stars on his team. Also Cleveland has such an easy schedule in such a easy division.

My reasoning.

Thank you for your time.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Durant had a career year, but LeBron is still the all-around better player in my opinion. Durant is definitely a better shooter, but LeBron can score, rebound, play d, and is a much better passer than Durant.

-Shooting: Durant>LeBron

-Passing: LeBron>Durant

-Scoring: Close, but LeBron has averaged over 30ppg a few different years now, whereas Durant has only done it once, so far.

-Rebounding: Tie

-Defense(Blocking, steals, man-to-man): LeBron>Durant

-Leadership: LeBron>Durant

Source(s): Mamba
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I am not a Lebron fan but your stupid, everything is basically the same within a .3 or .4 except assists which lebron has almost 6 more assist a game more than Durant. That is 12 to 18 more points that James is a factor in. Right there is a big difference and as far as game played Lebron rested the last 5 or so games. The Cavs did have a lot of injuries this year and they still manage the best record.

• 10 years ago

I can't say that I agree. Durant is a tremendous scorer and had a great year, but he has a better team around him than people realize with Jeff Green, Thabo Sefolosha, and Russell Westbrook, just to name a few, around him. And don't forget about their young coach. Durant didn't turn the Thunder around on his own. In spite of what I said about Durant's supporting cast, LeBron's is better. But LeBron's game is still better rounded. He can defend the basket, shoot over almost anyone he might face on the perimeter and finish over or through almost anyone he might encounter at the rim, he has great court vision, he has all the physical attributes you would want in an NBA forward, and he's a clutch performer. Durant is a scorer and that's about it. Hence why Durant won the scoring title but LeBron will win MVP.

• 10 years ago

not only do I agree, but the whole thing is in the next 2 years or so, people wont be asking is Lebron better than Kobe, they'll be saying hes nowhwere near as good as Durant. Everything you said was correct but the part about the team support. Come on? The SuperSonics roster is dog poop compared to the Cavs roster, but he outscores and outrebounds the King of the Central Division. the assists will come and the turnovers will come down. Durant will be Kobe's successor.

Source(s): Lebron is like Master P. You know when Pac and Big died, P had the rap game for like 2 years and sold more than 100 million records, then JayZ came in and took the game. Lebron will do a lot but when Kobe hands him the torch, itll be a short run cause KD will be like JayZ. This season was his Reasonable Doubt.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

No I don't agree. Statistics show LeBron is better and what KD doesn't have that LeBron does is that leader set of mind. The only reason the Cavaliers are the "closest" team in the NBA is because LeBron's leadership attitude. And assists don't have that big of an effect? Come on now...if you factor in assists to your PPG thats 46.3+ PPG for LeBron and 36.7+ for KD

• 10 years ago

Assist Matters idiot.. Why did you think steve nash Won the MVP Twice??

BTW- Kevin durant Over Lebron..

• 10 years ago

James team has the best record in the league. He has a better FG percentage, way more assists, but let's give him the point. And Lebron has no one on his team? A washed up Shaq and Mo Williams. Durant has two future stars in Westbrook and Green.

• 10 years ago

LBJ is better.....Kevin Durant doesnt share the ball very well. Game one he had a very low field goal percentage. he needs to get his team involved. When the team gets involved they get rolling and then later Durant can get his points. Thats what LBJ does.

BTW I think the Cavs are going all the way this year!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Besides the difference in assists, LBJ is one of the best defensive players in the league, Durant is horrible

Source(s): www.gushuecards.com http://ronthecat.webs.com/
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Kevin Durant averages more TO than assist.

LeBron James > Kevin Durant.

David Stern's plan is taking affect I guess. His plan is to replace Kobe Bryant with Kevin Durant to be compared to LeBron James for the best player in the NBA because Kobe Bryant's going to start declining by 2012!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.