Can I tattoo blue ink over a small black outline?

Hello.

I got a simple star recently tattooed on my back, it's just normal blue with a thin black outline. I was wondering if I could get it made bigger, by placing a bigger star stencil over the current tattoo and tattooing blue over the original black outline out to the new black outline. Is this something a good tattoo artist can do for me, or would the original black outline always show through?

If this isn't possible, could I get the original black outset lazered off, and then have the bigger stencil put over the old tattoo? Or would the skin just not be able to take it?

It's my only tattoo so I have no idea if what I'm talking about is possible.

Any help appreciated!

Best Answer

You can definitely tattoo over it. Depending on the shade of blue and how thin the outline is will depend on how it shows through. If it's still visible, you can use it to create some shading in the star. If your blue isn't a dark blue and the black line shows through, you can use it to do a blend from black to dark blue to the blue you want. You could also use it as a the foundation of a 3-D star.

Yes You Can Get It. For The Simple Fact That It Is A Small Black "Thin' Outline. & Yes You Can Get The Bigger Stencil

White is used all the time for shading and effect. Both of my tattoos have a significant amount of white in them. They look great, but there's a black outline and other colors as well. A tattoo that is entirely white would be pretty boring. Are you talking about the glow-in-the-dark ink? I know a few people who have those...but as you may expect, you can't really see them in daylight.