Is Borat a true reflection on Kazakhstan?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

As others have commented - in one way or another - Borat's Kazakhstan is not what the real Kazakhstan is truly like.

However...Sacha Baron Cohen did use actual facts about that country to create funny things by exaggerating them.

For instance he's talked about Kazakhstan attempting to launch a horse into orbit. And although it doesn't have a space program of its own, Kazakhstan is and has been an integral part of the Soviet space program - all or the majority of cosmonauts land in Kazakhstan.

Also - Borat says they drink fermented horse urine to get drunk. Not true - but they do drink fermented horse (mare) milk.

And when Borat wants to marry Pamela Anderson, he throws a bag over her head and attempts to lift (and carry) her. That's also a practice that still goes on in that part of the world - literally carrying a woman you want to marry away from her home (sometimes against her will) - although I'm not sure if it's still done in remote areas of Kazakhstan or not.

He's also talking about "those nitwits" in Uzbekistan ("who have a bone in middle of brain"), and that's likely based on a history of on-and-off tensions between those two countries as they compete for regional primacy...

ie. Uzbekistan boasts the largest population and strongest military, but Kazakhstan has the richest natural resources (especially oil) and most successful economy.

Also true:

- Premier Nazarbayev, the head of Kazakhstan, is the real name of its President.

- Transsibirskiy Express, Borat's favourite movie, actually is one of Kazakhstan's all time classic movies.. although Borat's version stars animal actor Jonny the Monkey and is an 'adult' film.

That's all the similarities between Borat's Kazakhstan and the actual country that I can think of offhand.

Hope it answers your question! :-)

• 4 years ago

lol no that is no longer offensive to the rustic of kazakhstan, as a results of fact interior the action picture Borat, it portrays a very distinctive place. Kazakhstan somewhat has a bigger literacy value than america...unhappy i understand...yet each and every time they asked Kazakhstan appropriate to the action picture, their government purely pronounced "haha, no, this action picture isn't offensive to us, as a results of fact we are far extra civilized and inteligent than what some stupid action picture portrays us as."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I doubt anyone in Kazakhstan craps in the middle of the city.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world,

All other countries are run by little girls!"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Oh Please,

He wouldn't know Kazakhstan from Rome.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is retard a true reflection on you?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is for your entertainment

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.