Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 10 years ago

Who is the better Slayer drummer: Dave Lombardo or Paul Bostaph?

Dave. But Paul is frikkin good too. Was Dave asked to come back to Slayer after Paul messed his arm or wrist up or did Dave volunteer to come back? Why did he leave? And did you find World Painted Blood a bit dull? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Dave I reckon. I totally agree, World Painted Blood was bland, I found Araya's vocals to be the problem not the music. He needs to vary it.

@Matthew: Lars is sh-t, f-ck off you poser.

yah world painted blood was a bit un slayer like...not anything like the other stuff they do with solid drumming and major riffing on the guitar..and i think dave was better and paul fu*ked his wrist up i believe and then they got dave to fill in for paul until he is better i think...not too sure

Source(s): read it in news of the world newspaper

Lombardo...easily.

He IS the godfather of the double bass!!

Rocky... Dave could eat Lars as a f*cking snack!

Dave originally left because he felt he was not making any money at the time. His wife later talked him into coming back and re-joining Slayer. He later left again due to band conflicts. Then he came back 10 years later to replace Paul due to his elbow injury.

Charlie Benante (Anthrax, Stormtroopers of loss of life) Janne Saarenppa (Crown) Igor Cavalera (Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, Massacration, Nailbomb) Christian Dudek (Sodom) Jurgen "Ventor" Reil (Kreator) Louie Clemente (testomony)

Paul Bostaph, however I find World Painted Blood to be refreshingly different. Not different like Metallica different, but good.

I think they are both excellent, but Dave gets the edge here because he did it first.

I don't know anything about celebrity gossip, metal or not.

Lars Ulrich.

Source(s): MetallicA.