Any great fiction books out there?

Something fantasy or sci-fi, romantic, and preferably with action. Anything like The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins I will consume. ;) Or anything like Lauren Kate's Fallen, or something. :) It doesn't HAVE to be those genres, but something good, and modern. Like The Green Book by Jill Patton. I don't care if there are R-rated scenes in it, but please tell me if it does. And I don't really care if there's swearing, but just so my mom doesn't freak out, please tell me if there is a lot. :) Like Feed by M. T. Anderson has swearing on every page. Not so good, you know. :P Okay, I'll shut up and let you suggest good books. :)

Thank you in advance!

-V ;)

P.S.

books I have read and liked:

The Host - Stephanie Meyer

Twilight - Stephanie Meyer

The Green Book - Jill Patton

The Golden Compass - Phillip Pullman

Fallen - Lauren Kate

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Harry Potter - J. K. Rowling

Feed - M. T. Anderson

P.P.S. I don't know how to chose best answer still, because I'm really stupid like that, but all your answers will be greatly appreciated!!

Favorite Answer

*Pretty Little Liars Series(mystery but has romance in)- Sara Shepard

*The Gemma Doyle Series (Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels & Sweet Far Thing)- Libba Bray

*The House of Night Series-P.C & Kristin Cast

*The Immortal Series-Alyson Noel

*The Mortal Instruments-Cassandra Clare

*Percy Jackson Series-Rick Riordan

*Anything by Nicholas Sparks

*Anything by Jodi Picoult

*Anything by Kristin Hannah

*Anything by Kathy Reichs (she writes mystery/thriller)

*Ophelia-Lisa Klein

*Aurelia-Anne Osterlund

*Loving Will Shakespeare-Carolyn Meyer

*The Juliet Club-Suzanne Harper

*I am Rembrandt's Daughter-Lynn Cullen

*Wild Roses-Deb Caletti

*When It Happens- I highly recommend this one!-Susane Colasanti

*Waiting for You-Susane Colasanti

*Take Me There-Susane Colasanti

*Impossible-Nancy Werlin

*Thirteen Reasons Why- Jay Asher

*North of Beautiful-Justina Chen Headley

*Before I Fall-Lauren Oliver

*Crank-Ellen Hopkins

*Glass-Ellen Hopkins

*Burned-Ellen Hopkins

*Impulse-Ellen Hopkins

*Tricks-Ellen Hopkins

*The Crimson Thread-Suzanne Weyn

*Snow-Tracy Lynn

*The Storytellers Daughter-Cameron Dokey

*Midnight Pearls-Debbie Viguié

*Before Midnight-Cameron Dokey

*Winters Child-Cameron Dokey

*Belle-Cameron Dokey

*Wild Orchid-Cameron Dokey

*Violet Eyes-Debbie Viguié

*The Diamond Secret-Suzanne Weyn

*Golden-Cameron Dokey

*Peeled-Joan Bauer

*Play Me-Laura Ruby

Source(s): As a bonus! To chose a best answer all you have to do is be logged into your account and come back to the question. Under each answer you will see a bubble that says something along the line as "Choose as Best Answer". All you have to do is choose the one you want! Hope it help! :)
  • I LOVE the Hunger Games and Fallen...you should definitely try reading these...

--The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

City Of Bones

City Of Ashes

City Of Glass

--Gone by Michael Grant

Hunger

Lies (comes out 4th May)

--The Gallagher Series by Ally Carter

I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You

Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy

Don’t Judge A Girl By Her Cover

Only The Good Spy Young (comes out 29th June)

--Finnikin Of The Rock by Melina Marchetta

--Bekka Cooper Series by Tamora Pierce

--Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

--Night World Series by L.J. Smith

Volume 1: Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, Enchantress

Volume 2: Dark Angel, The Chosen, Soul mate

Volume 3: Huntress, Black Dawn, Witchlight

--The House Of Night Series by P.C. and Kristin Cast

Marked

Betrayed

Chosen

Untame

Hunted

Tempted

--The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Hope That Helps :)

• Alice

Contemporary adventure fiction with PG-13 swearing and sex and R-rated violence: Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole by Micco Mann. It has the defiant voice of a 17 year old girl who manages to overcome everything thrown at her in the course of the novel which is a lot-- and she does it in a way that would make all girls proud-- not in a superhuman way or through the assistance of some heroic act of a man or a monster but via her own means.

http://bit.ly/NokoseeKobo

http://bit.ly/Nokosee

Safe SciFi on any level: The People by Zenna Henderson are psychically gifted extraterrestrials who look like humans. They become stranded on Earth after their starship crashes during a space migration they refer to as the Crossing. What transpires is an engaging look at us meeting them in a desert town in Arizona. The series inspired Francis Ford Coppola's legendary 1972 TV movie starring Kim Darby and William Shatner. I say "legendary" because it hasn't been officially released as a DVD and only exists as a subpar, blurry VHS memory (http://www.amazon.com/People-1972-USA-Ki… That's too bad because from what I heard from people who saw the original on TV nearly 40 years ago , it was magical-- just like the books.

http://bit.ly/ThePeople

well, I'm only 11. so the books i've read might be a little bit short, but my favorites are:

Battle Of The Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

Geronimo - Joseph Bruchac

So B. It - Sarah Weeks

Listening For Lions - Gloria Whelan

Tangerine - Edward Bloor

Stolen Children - Peg Kehret

Deep And Dark And Dangerous - Mary Downing Hahn

I think my favorite of all is So B. It. Heres a full summary of the book:

Heidi knows her mom loves her. But because of her mother's mental disability, she is unable to care for herself or her daughter. Their loving neighbor, Bernadette, helps out and is a vital part of their family. Bernadette finally manages to teach Mama how to open cans, but tying shoes is beyond her capabilities. Mama can't read or tell time. She knows 23 words. One of Mama's words, "soof," is a mystery --- no one knows what it means, and Mama is unable to define it.

Heidi lives in Reno and so is able to wield her incredibly reliable lucky streak at the laundromat slot machine when her babysitting money doesn't quite cover their needs. How did Heidi and her mom end up in Reno, living in the apartment next to Bernadette? Bernadette tells Heidi about their mysterious appearance at her door when Heidi was just one week old. Heidi's mother was able to tell Bernadette that her baby's name was Heidi. When asked for her own name, Mama says, "So be it." Since Bernadette believes everyone should have a middle name (or at least an initial), she dubs Mama "So B. It." Heidi is known as "Heidi It."

The truth about her mother's identity eats away at Heidi. She simply cannot rest until she pieces together Mama's past through clues that appear over the years. Why is her mother terrified of buses? Why do rainy days make her anxious? When Heidi finds some old photos of her mother at a Christmas party held at Hilltop Home in Liberty, New York, she decides she must travel there alone in order to discover who her mother truly is. The trip is a frightening yet exciting adventure for determined, courageous Heidi.

I really think you should read this book. It was the first novel I've ever read. And it made me cry at the end...

Well... hope I helped =D

The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine - I am on the 3rd book and I love them

The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlain Harris

You could also read the rest of the Twilight series - New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn

First; don't call yourself stupid.

Second: Try the books of these authors

1. Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson)

2. Dianne Wynne Jones (Howl's moving Castle)

3. Garth Nix (Keys to the Kingdom)

4. Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl)

I hope I could help

Source(s): my book collections...

I liked the book battlefield earth even though the movie kind of sucked or if you want lighter fare willaim slater has a few good reads such as intersteller pig and the green futures of tycho.