Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

Can someone give me a list of salad toppings?

I loooove salad and i need more ideas for toppings to put on them??

p.s what do u like on your salad?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

* Artichoke Hearts

* Baby Corn

* Beets

* Bell Pepper

* Black Olives

* Broccoli

* Cauliflower

* Celery

* Cucumbers

* Green Olives

* Mushrooms

* Onion

* Pickles

* Shredded Carrots

* Tomato (wedges, grape, or cherry)

To my taste, I like a regular Caesar Salad, just croutons and lettuce with the dressing. For me simpler is much more delicious.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipes Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?KmDe
  • 3 years ago

Salad Toppings Ideas

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can someone give me a list of salad toppings?

I loooove salad and i need more ideas for toppings to put on them??

p.s what do u like on your salad?

Source(s): give list salad toppings: https://shortly.im/67e3i
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

1. Double the lean protein (turkey, chicken, eggs, fish) - add chicken and turkey or salmon and eggs. Do this especially if you often feel hungry after your salads. A little more protein may help you go the extra mile to avoid the vending machine in the afternoon.

2. Add beans, like black, kidney, cannelloni, or garbanzo. Beans have lots of great complex carbs, fiber and protein. They also help to fill you up and keep you that way.

3. Create your own dressings as salad toppings. My favorite is a combination of orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and Grey Poupon mustard. You can add some olive oil to make it even richer. I especially like this dressing with spinach leaves.

4. Add some fruit. Fruit can be great salad toppings. It can turn a boring salad into a sweet sensation. My favorites are: orange slices (fresh or canned), strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple slices (fresh or canned). If you are using canned, sugar-free fruit, use the juice to mix into the salad dressing.

5. Add some hummus, Baba-Ganoush or mashed white beans to your salad or salad dressing. This may sound odd, but it is actually quite delightful.

6. Make your own glazed nuts as salad toppings. Dry roast some walnuts or pecans and then add some honey or maple syrup to the pan to coat the nuts. Take them out of the pan and separate them before they cool, so they don't clump. The nuts become a flavorful addition to a boring salad. This is great if you have a sweet tooth that you are trying to control.

7. Add cooked diced sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. Dice some potatoes into squares. Coat them in some olive oil and fresh rosemary and roast them until they are soft. Then toss them over mesclun greens. I especially like this salad with roasted asparagus spears and sliced eggs.

8. Add apples and pears. Cube up some apples and/or pears and sprinkle these on top of your salad. I especially like to mix apples and pears with walnuts and have them over spinach.

9. Skip the leaves. Chop up tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocadoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Enjoy.

10. Change up your vinegars and oils. Spend some time in the oil and vinegar aisle at your local health food store. A new vinegar or oil can really change up your dressings and make for tasty salad toppings. Try mixing apple cider vinegar with apple juice and spicy mustard. Or rice wine vinegar with mirin wine (in the oriental section) and orange juice. Another suggestion: toasted sesame oil and rice wine vinegar with orange slices over cabbage greens.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

A small handful of frozen blueberries (they thaw quickly)

raisins

fresh sourdough croutons, cut large.

green onion

fresh herbs, like basil and mint

goldfish (the cracker)

bacon (real and cut in bites, not bits)

grapes

walnuts or almonds, whole

grape tomatoes

oranges

shaved carrots

whole black olives

Canadian bacon

pasta

kidney beans

pear bites, but not overly ripe.

but not all at the same time...it gets too busy.

The best salad has fine lettuce and 2-4 tops.

• 10 years ago

Fennel

Artichokes

Citrus fruit

Edamame

RECIPES FOR ALL TOPPINGS ARE IN THE LINK BELOW.

• JubJub
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Blue Cheese Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort or blue cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

1 small clove garlic, minced

1 teaspoon Worcestershire

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Dash hot pepper sauce

Milk

In small bowl, combine all ingredients except milk; mix well. Thin with milk to desired consistency. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve on tossed greens.

(2 cups)

Green Goddess Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup chopped parsley

2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion

2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or lemon juice

1 teaspoon tarragon leaves, crushed

3 anchovy fillets, minced

1 clove garlic, minced

Milk

In small bowl, combine all ingredients except milk; mix well. Thin with milk to desired consistency. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve on tossed greens, chilled vegetables or cold seafood and poultry.

(1 1/2 cups)

(Tip: To use as a dip, omit milk.)

Thousand Island Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup chili sauce

2 tablespoons chopped green pepper

2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

1 tablespoon chopped parsley

1 tablespoon grated onion

1 hard-cooked egg, chopped

In small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve on tossed greens or Chef''s Salad.

(1 1/2 cups)

Vinaigrette

1 cup olive or salad oil

1/3 cup vinegar or lemon juice

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)

1/8 teaspoon pepper

In small bowl or covered jar, combine all ingredients. Stir with fork, or cover and shake until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Stir or shake just before serving. Serve on tossed greens or over fruit.

(1 1/4 cups)

Avocado Salad Dressing

1 egg yolk

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon grated onion

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon salt

Dash hot pepper sauce

1/2 cup salad oil

1 avocado, peeled and cut up

In covered blender container at low speed, blend first 6 ingredients 1 to 2 seconds until thoroughly mixed. Remove center of cover (or cover) and, at low speed, very slowly pour oil in steady stream into blender; continue blending until well mixed.

Add avocado to blender; continue blending just until smooth. Serve immediately.

(1 3/4 cups)

Source(s): "Campbell's Great American Cookbook" - 1984
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.