how do you get rid of lactic acid in your calves?

i hav a meet morrow

Favorite Answer

Are you sure you asked the right question? To keep them from being sore an ice bath is very effective. When lactic acid is released it is due to muscle exertion (under 120 seconds)

Lactic acid is a product of anaerobic respiration, means that it is formed because it less oxygen supply but too much oxygen demand due to strenuous activities, which irritates the muscles and nerves causing uncomfortable sensation. You cant really get rid of it but you can slowly increase your activity endurance through constant practice. Good luck!

• SkyDog

Might be too late now, but potassium helps with riding your muscles of lactic acid, that and plenty of fluids. Eat a banana or three.

• Dan

working out those muscles gets rid of the lactic acid

You have to stretch them. Lean up against the wall and put your leg out back and try to put your heel on the ground. If you can, then move your leg back further so that is an effort and you can feel the stretching of your calves. Do it gently and slowly.

The method I found best for me was to take a warm bath. Ice(for swelling), rub the best muscle cream I have then wrap it up. I always feel better the next day. I've dealt with A LOT of these

go do a light set of calf raises with low weight and high rep.