Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Teen girl: Books you'd recommend?

Hey.

I was wondering if you had any good books you'd recommend for a girl in her teens.

14-17 I don't read that much..and i could usually stat a book but not finish it.

I've read Night World? and i really liked that.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Emily
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr it is such a good series!

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21st century faery tale.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

East by Edith Pattou

A young woman goes to the ends of the earth—and beyond—to rescue the man she loves in this sweeping epic.

It is like a beatuy and the beast remake it is very good.

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooma in the palace--and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust--and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...

All the books I have listed are series. Wicked Lovely has 4 books the 4th one is coming out in 2 days. Hunger Games has 2 out and the 3rd is coming out August 24th, and Poison Study is a triliogy

Source(s): I have read every one of the books
  • 1 decade ago

here are the books i've read and were very satisfied with. the series are bunched together and the books are in order

Vampire Diaries

The Awakening

The Struggle

The Fury

Dark Reunion

The Return:Nightfall

The Return:Shadow Souls

The Return: Midnight-comes out July 1st.

Darkest Power series

THe Summoning

The Awakening

The Reckoning

House of Night series

Marked

Betrayed

Chosen

Untamed

Hunted

Tempted

Burned -comes out April 27th

Percy Jackson series

The Lightning Thief

Sea of Monsters

Titans Curse

Battle of the Labyrinth

The Last Olympian

Touch series

Deadly Little Secrets

Deadly Little Lies

Deadly Little Games-comes out December

Evernight series

Evernight

Stargazer

Hourglass

Fallen

Torment-comes out September

Hush Hush

Crescendo-comes out Nov.

Shiver

Linger-comes out July

Wake

Fade

Gone

Source(s): ive read these and they are good
  • Alice
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole by Micco Mann. It has the defiant voice of a 17 year old girl who manages to overcome everything thrown at her in the course of the novel which is a lot-- and she does it in a way that would make all girls proud-- not in a superhuman way or through the assistance of some heroic act of a man or a monster but via her own means.

http://bit.ly/NokoseeKobo

http://bit.ly/Nokosee

Cherry by Mary Karr. A memoir about teens, sex, drugs and growing up in rural Texas as told through the gritty, beautiful prose of one of America's best writers. It's a book every teen girl should read. If the opening paragraph doesn't do it for you, nothing will (you can read it on the Amazon link below).

http://bit.ly/CherryKarr

The Liar's Club by Mary Karr. Another moving memoir recounting her earlier years (you should probably read this one first and then Cherry).

http://bit.ly/LiarsClub

• 1 decade ago

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart, Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev, the Forbidden Game trilogy and the Vampire Diaries quartet (don't go for Return: Nightfall or Return: Shadow Souls because they sucked badly) and the Dark Visions trilogy which are all by LJ Smith...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you liked Night World you should read Vampire Diaries which is also by LJ Smith. It's SO much better than the tv show.

• 1 decade ago

i like sarah dessen books

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.