What is a great teen girl book?

Im looking for a good teen book for a girl. I like a blend adventure, action, and romance.

Ive read these books wich i loved:

The immortal series

Twilight series

(yes i havent read alot of good books but thats cuss im picky)

I liked the movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians aloottt!!!!!!! but i dont like the books because its so different. yes, romance (mysterious-isssshhh guy sorta thing) ussually in the girls perspective.

OHhh and fantasy!!!!!!! i dont really like the whole history books and stuff like that.

• Emily
    Favorite Answer

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr it is such a good series!

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21st century faery tale.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

East by Edith Pattou

A young woman goes to the ends of the earth—and beyond—to rescue the man she loves in this sweeping epic.

It is like a beatuy and the beast remake it is very good.

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooma in the palace--and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust--and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...

• ?

When I was your age, I was really into the Sweet Valley High series, the Babysitters Club series, and the Fear Street series. I was home today for the holiday and I was going through my books in the attic and I grabbed one to bring home that I never read (I don't even think it's mine, but it was in my box) called 'Fair Maiden' by Lynn Hall. Dear America is a good series, I still read them. I also have some of the older books of them, the American Girl books, such as Meet Kristy, Kristy Goes to School, etc. I don't really know what your reading level is or the genre you like, but at your age, I was reading Stephan King, which I still do. Actually, now I mostly do read horror. But, if you were my daughter, I would try to keep you away from that stuff as much as possible. What about the Jurassic Park series by Micheal Crichton? I really enjoyed those and that was series I was actually looking for today, but didn't find in the attic. My teen sister reads Tamara Pierce, I believe her name is. She is fantasy and I've never read her because I can't really get into fantasy. My sister is also a Harry Potter fanatic. It's been a while since I've been your age (I'm 25), so I really don't know what teens are reading now- I'm out of touch. I have heard good things about the Twilight series and I'd like to start reading those, because I'm a vampire fan. I also read Anne Rice, so if you're into vampires, those are two good series to start with. Anne Rice isn't too bad for someone your age. I was also reading when I was your age a series by Beverly Clearly. There was also another book called 'God, are you there? It's me, Margaret", but Judy Blume. She has other good books out too. Now, I also read Amish Christian fiction. I don't know where you stand in all that, but I'm just throwing it as a thought and a suggestion.. But I really like Wanda Brunsetter and Beverly Lewis. The books are very practical, down to earth, plain and simple. I happen to be a Mennonite, so I can relate to those stories. Well, hopefully I've given you some ideas and perhaps you'll get more from other answerers here. Good luck on your quest and happy reading!

• Alice

Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole by Micco Mann. It has the defiant voice of a 17 year old girl who manages to overcome everything thrown at her in the course of the novel which is a lot-- and she does it in a way that would make all girls proud-- not in a superhuman way or through the assistance of some heroic act of a man or a monster but via her own means.

http://bit.ly/NokoseeKobo

http://bit.ly/Nokosee

Cherry by Mary Karr. A memoir about teens, sex, drugs and growing up in rural Texas as told through the gritty, beautiful prose of one of America's best writers. It's a book every teen girl should read. If the opening paragraph doesn't do it for you, nothing will (you can read it on the Amazon link below).

http://bit.ly/CherryKarr

The Liar's Club by Mary Karr. Another moving memoir recounting her earlier years (you should probably read this one first and then Cherry).

http://bit.ly/LiarsClub

Think of this as Greek mythology lite (less gods, more filling): The King Must Die by Mary Renault. Set in ancient Greece it follows Theseus on a journey of discovery while painting a vivid picture of the times. Loved the descriptions of young uninhibited Greeks running buck naked up hills and through forests and making love among the flowers. The scenes of naked teens jumping bulls with back flips cries out for a cinematic interpretation. Ms. Renault's written a series of historical novels set in this period and all of them are so worthy.

http://bit.ly/MaryRenault

A mail order book, Blades, by J. William Turner. Told as a series of four full length stories by a rescue-helicopter pilot recalling his youth, Blades has adventure and action in all four stories, with him falling in love in story 2, that love blossoming in the third story, and reaching its happy ending in the final epilogue, after he almost self-destructs in the last story.

Its prequel, Dangerous Days, also a four part book, has action and adventure aplenty, but less teen love in stories 2 and 3.

Source(s): www.strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/Blades-TheAutobiographyOfARescueHelicopterPilot www.eloquentbooks.com/DangerousDays

Crank---Ellen Hopkins

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod---Heather Brewer

Fever Crumb----Philip Reeve

Anything by Nicolas Sparks.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. the first one is The HUnger Games. the second is Catching Fire. the third comes out in august. they are action-packed, suspenseful, and romantic.

You should also try the Alex Rider series by anthony horowitz. no romance, but lotsa action. very amazing

they are the best.

Paper Towns by John Green a great book but Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan is my favorite book right now.

Dream Girl

By: Lauren Mechling

• Shay

Some books I read last summer were The princess and the pauper, Death by Bikini, Alice included,Me the missing and the dead,The true color books.

well, you could try "Lucy T" or if you liked twilight you could try "Vampire Dairies"