Why are REPUBLICAN dominated States the ones flying the CONFEDERATE FLAG...?

...seeing as how Lincoln was a REPUBLICAN?
Lincoln fought the most deadly war in our Country's history to GET RID OF THAT FLAG!
Irony much?
Update: "Hardcore" yes I expected somebody to give me a list of excuses and revisions reasons the North was the blame. But the "War of Northern Agression" as you call it, was a War prosecuted by REPUBLICANS and a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT. You do know that right? You guys need to stop pretending the... show more "Hardcore" yes I expected somebody to give me a list of excuses and revisions reasons the North was the blame.
But the "War of Northern Agression" as you call it, was a War prosecuted by REPUBLICANS and a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.
You do know that right?
You guys need to stop pretending the Republican Party has the slightest thing to do with Lincoln or people being against slavery and racism.
And maybe you need an education, rather than getting all your info from Fox TV and biased right wing books.
Update 2: Jo - yes the Civil War was about a State's Right. THE RIGHT TO OWN SLAVES!!! The sooner you guys come back to reality on this one the better. I have no doubt there were other petting squabbles going on, and the high tariffs on cotton and other financial restrictions were placed there TO TRY TO GET THEM TO... show more Jo - yes the Civil War was about a State's Right.
THE RIGHT TO OWN SLAVES!!!
The sooner you guys come back to reality on this one the better.
I have no doubt there were other petting squabbles going on, and the high tariffs on cotton and other financial restrictions were placed there TO TRY TO GET THEM TO STOP USING SLAVES!!!! At the request of Abolitionists!
Have you guys figured that out yet?