What is the significance of robins in the bible?

My friend asked me what the significance of robins in the bible was, but i didn't know. I couldn't remember reading about robins in the bible. I tried using a search program on my ipod bible and after searching 8 translations i couldn't even find the word robin in the bible. She said something about... show more My friend asked me what the significance of robins in the bible was, but i didn't know. I couldn't remember reading about robins in the bible. I tried using a search program on my ipod bible and after searching 8 translations i couldn't even find the word robin in the bible. She said something about a robin taking one of the thorns from the crown of thorns on Jesus' head. I read each gospel account and found no such thing. I used a search program on this website i usually study commentaries from and found nothing. I researched on google and found nothing, I found a list of birds mentioned in the bible and robins weren't one of them. I asked my mom and she didn't know. I asked my brother who also studies his bible and he didn't know. I don't know if there is no significance or if i'm just missing something. Please help him find the significance of robins in the bible or if there is no significance.
2 answers 2