Sorry about that - This poem is dedicated to my wife and the other nurses of the world - what do you think?

The Lily that Cares

By Mike Hall – My wife’s Nursing School Symbol included a Lily – this is for her and my many nurse friends like Nurse Susie – who makes me smile with her humor and with whom I share a musical bond. To all of the nurses among my friends and contacts – I hold you in the highest esteem.

Sweetest of the flowers a blooming

In the fragrant vernal days,

Is the Lily-of-the-Valley

With its soft retiring ways.

Well, you chose this humble blossom,

As the Nurse's emblem flower

Who grows more like her idea

Every day and every hour

Like the Lily-of-the-Valley

In her honesty and worth -

Oh! She blooms in truth and virtue

In the humble works of earth.

Though she stands erect in honor

When the heart of mankind bleeds,

Still she hides her own deserving

In the beauty of her deeds.

In the silence and the darkness,

When no eye may see or know,

There her footsteps shod with mercy

and fleet kindness, come and go.

Not amid the sound of plaudits,

Not before the garish day;

Does she shed her soul's sweet perfume,

Does she take her gentle way.

But alike her ideal flower,

With its honey-laden breath;

Still her heart blooms forth its beauty

In the valley shades of death.

Best Answer

Awwwww, Mike! That is sooo sweet!

We also carried Lilies and a Bible at our capping ceremony!

I love being a nurses and am sooo grateful for the opportunity to care for others!

Love sharing music and funnies with you too my dear friend!!

I will never again, let other people make my fun. I will make my own fun. I will laugh when others don't , and cry when others won't. Today I ran through the forest, where the wild beast lives. I stopped to tickle the animals with flowers, made them sneeze.and play games in trees I wish upon the last star I see, for she is the lonely one begging to be free. I stopped waiting a long time ago, when blaming others for my sorrow, brought no relief I am the one who allows that to be, wrath and pain drains the brain you see I will play with whom ever I like, I did learn my morals and know what is right. Vanity is long time gone, if someone laughs I just move on to be me when they let me. I walked with the devil but he's such an aass, he loves to see the hurt, he thinks it's a blast, while turning souls sour he would roll on coals to make the pain last. When I left him there cringing cause I stopped in my tracks, he let out a roar and the sky turned black. I run now, I skip, I dance, I make my own fun and if someone wants to come and see the crazy person they think I am then that is okay too,For freedom doesn't cost as much as you think, just jump in the water and know you won't sink.

That is lovely Mike, well done to ya for writing such a beautiful poem

I dont think nurses get enough credit for what they do and all the long hours they work.

Well said my friend. My mother was a nurse for over 30 yrs and i really dont think people comprehend what they go through on a daily basis assissting people that are not well, that are injured, that they form a bond sometimes with those they know in their head that they will not be going home.

Hey Mike. I think you did a wonderful job with this one!

I appreciate nurses so much, as someone who has been a patient, as well as for how many times my Mother has been hospitalized over the past year. They are very special people.

Very good poem and goes to show you that nurses have a hard job to do.

Wonderful.

• Vince

Sounds like a lot of sentiment was written into this verse. It's very good.

Source(s): I can appreciate it since my daughter's an R.N., too.

aww sweet as a nut hun ur poetry will go far :)

I think it is really good!