Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Christians, could this be the rapture?

I saw a video on Comcast.net about dark energy in the universe. As the force of dark energy expands, it could eventually expand to rip atoms apart, even atoms of our very bodies. Could this be the rapture? (Christians only please)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

In 1st Thessalonians 4:16-17--quoted in this lesson I have typed for you the Bible talks about the Rapture. It is when Jesus & the believers who already died & went to Heaven return in the sky to have those saints bodies resurrected & glorfied like Jesus' and to snatch us away into the sky to meet them & the Lord. We go into Heaven in our glorified bodies & await being a part of the Second Coming that follows the 7 year Tribulation.

"For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night" (1st Thessalonians 5:2)

Yes, Jesus Christ is going to return to Earth someday! From Genesis to Revelation the Bible proclaims this awesome promise. To those who know the Lord Jesus as their Savior, the Second Coming will be like the arrival of a long awaited friend. But to those who reject Jesus, His Second Coming will be like a thief in the night. To believers the return of Jesus will be a day of joy---joy that will never end! To those who reject Christ, His return will be a day of shock, agony, & sorrow--- that will never end!

Jesus taught us that we would not know the exact time of His return, but He clearly taught us that we could know that we were in the season of His return by recognizing signs that He gave us. "Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and saying, ‘The time has come!’ But don’t believe them. And when you hear of wars and insurrections, don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place first, but the end won’t follow immediately.” Then he added, “Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven...And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken. Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!” (Luke 21:8-11 & 25-28).

You may be saying, "Everything that Jesus said would point to His return has been happening almost since time began." Well, you're right. Mankind has always experienced war, hunger, disease, people claiming to be Christ, & natural disasters. But what hasn't always happened, but is happening right now, is the number of these events, the degree of severity of these events, & the occurence of these events in rapid succession. Would you agree with what I just said? I believe you would. Yes, all the signs laid out in the Bible pointing to Christ's return seem to be happening before our very eyes!

So what now and what's in store for the future? The second coming of Jesus will be in two phases. First He will come for believers, both living and dead, in the "Rapture"; "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up(raptured) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever" (1st Thessalonians 4:16-17).

The Rapture—which is the transformation and catching up of all Christians, dead or alive, to meet Christ in the air—will be secret, for it will be unknown to the world of unbelievers at the time of its happening. The effect of this removal, in the absence of hundreds of millions of people in a split second of time, will, of course, be evident on earth. My mind cannot even comprehend the shock, fear, sorrow, and chaos that will erupt in the seconds following the Rapture. You don't want to be left behind after the Rapture!

Shortly after the Rapture a man will come on the scene who will appear to have "all the answers." This man will deliver a message of peace, but his true agenda will be war, violence, suffering, and death. For a while, much of the world will adore this man, believing him to be a savior. In reality though he is what the Bible calls the Antichrist. He is empowered by Satan himself. The Antichrist will be the most evil and violent man the world has ever or will ever know. The Antichrist will rule the world for the last 7 years of this age. Time prevents me from teaching about the suffering and horror the Antichrist will unleash during those 7 years, as well as God's wrath and salavtion that will be experienced on earth during that 7 year period. If you want to know more, e-mail me, and I will teach it all to you.

Then, after a period of seven years of tribulation on earth, Christ will return to the earth together with His church, the saints who were raptured (Matthew 24:30, 2 Thessalonians 1:7, 1 Peter 1:13, Revelation 1:7). He will be victorious over His enemies and will reign on the earth for a thousand years (the Millennium) together with His saints, the church. After the thousand years, living unbelievers and the wicked dead now raised to life will be judged at the great white throne judgment. They will then be cast into the lake of fire, while the saved will live forever with Christ in a new heaven and earth (Revelation, chapters 19-22).

Let me go on record as saying you don't want to be left behind. You don't want to miss the Rapture---and you don't have to! Jesus Christ came to save us and to make us part of His family forever! He did this by dying for our sins on the cross and by conquering death through His resurrection. By a simple prayer of faith, tell God that you know you are a sinner, and you are sorry for your sins. Then ask Christ to come into your life and save you. When you do, he will save you and come to live inside you by His Spirit. Then commit yourself to live for Christ everyday. And you'll be ready to meet Christ at rapture or death. "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done" (Revelation 22:12). "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him" (Matthew 24:42-44)

• 3 years ago

From what I understand If somebody has no longer been rapture people who're fortunate adequate to stay on the tribulation and characteristic properly-known Jesus will enter the millennium Kingdome as mortals even although they could have very long stay spans. Any mortal born interior the MK will a minimum of stay a hundred years in the event that they have not properly-known Christ via the time they're a hundred they'll die. a hundred could look previous yet no longer while human beings would be residing for a hundred’s of years as they did interior the biblical days previously the flood while lifespans began to today shrink. Its annoying to belive human beings will reject the Lord while he resides among them yet they could be able to settle for or rejected him only like absolutely everyone else. If somebody has properly-known Christ previously the tribulation ends they are going to be doing all they are able to to get greater human beings to settle for Christ and in the event that they pass on or are killed which would be a very extreme threat because it is going to likely be annoying to get something foodstuff/cloths with out the mark of the beast and taking that mark will condemn whoever takes it to hell no questions asked Revelation 13.17 “And that no guy could desire to purchase or sell, shop he that had the mark, or the call of the beast, or the style of his call.” people who've properly-known Christ and die or pass on previously the tribulation ends will replace into Tribulation Saints. Upon their passing they'll pass to Heaven and that they'll ultimately additionally stay in MK yet they are going to be immortals, human beings that have been raptured and people who surpassed on previously the rapture could additionally be immortals. human beings view the rapture in a distinctive way some don’t even think of it is going to ensue and others debate on while it is going to happen pre-trib (happening previously the 7 year tribulation starts) , mid-trib (happening in the process the tribulation maximum think of if it is so it may be around around 3.5 years which could be a million/2 way by the tribulation) or submit-Trib (happening after the 7 year tribulation and tying in with the 2d coming of Christ). there is likewise a thought that there will be a partial rapture and that no longer each physique would be raptured on a similar time.

• Hmm. That's interesting. I'll have to watch that. I doubt the rapture is now though. No need for end of the world hysteria.

• 10 years ago

It probably is.

In my experience I've found everything on the internet to be absolutely true.

Especially any thing about Dark Energy.

No one ever makes things up about Dark energy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

no. The rapture will be a spiritual event that will not be seen from the human eye. Reason, our new heavenly body is a spiritual body.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Didn't anyone tell you, the rapture happened last week. Jesus came and took all the worthy people to heaven.

All the Buddhists are gone.

Love and blessings Don

• 10 years ago

Hmmm... dark energy/matter and black holes = rapture.

Nah!

Isn't God and His creation is truly amazing?

... and that He cares for even an infinitesimal mote such as you!

The wonder of it all...

• 10 years ago

Could you please refrain from uses the word 'rapture,' it just sounds too much like a bad wedgie!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.