How can I get rid of my nose piercing infection?

A couple days ago, whenever I touched my nose piercing in stung awfully bad. Now I have a big ( small on some days) bump right beside it. When it pops puss comes out of it. Sometimes it bleeds.

What do i do?

wow guys, really..

Favorite Answer

Okay that is not necessarily an infection.

The bump is most likely a cyst that formed. I got one on my cartilage piercing and by my lip piercing. You have to just let it pop on its own like a pimple would, and just keep the area clean. Make sure no puss gets anywhere when it does pop.

Overcleaning actually can cause these, or they just happen with piercings.. that's what my piercer said and that I should cut down to 2 times a day for cleaning.

If puss and blood is coming out of the piercing itself and theres a lot of redness and pain, then it might be infected. Then you might need antibiotic cream or something that your doctor might be able to help you with.

I don't get why people don't keep their piercers in contact lol.

Good luck! I freaked out too when I saw that near my lip so I just called mine. Same thing happened with my friend.

Sounds infected. Best way to take care of it is to do soaks with a mixture of non-iodized sea salt and water at least twice daily, in addition to hot compresses to draw the infection out. Whatever you do, DO NOT remove the jewelry. Leaving the piercing open allows the infection to drain. If you remove the jewelry, the piercing can trap the infection inside and this can lead to an abscess. If things get worse with the infection, visit a doctor to get antibiotics prescribed.

A bump doesn't mean infection but there is no way any of us can tell you what it is over the internet. Go have your piercer check it out and follow their recommendations.

omg this always happens to me

mine leaves a scab that lasts like a day or two then i take it off (i know ewww) but i wait until its ta the point where u can take it off without it bleding then i just spray disinfectant on it

ask your chemist they shuld help you

first get an elophiisian jellyfish (a jellyfish that cant sting) aka jahvin... and then allow the jahvin to soak up your puss and blood. then kiss him on the cheek or tentacle what ever comes first. then blow kisses . repeat step one

Source(s): im an anastesiologist

maybe it is a big pimple that is blocked by your nose piercing and people that say eww have noo empathy this sucks!

put on medicine go to like cvs

ew