tkav asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 10 years ago

36 inch sanyo tv won't change off video 2?

I have a 36 inch sanyo tube tv model avm 3651g and it won't come off video 2 I no longer have the remote and haven't had any luck with three different type of univeral remotes.

unfortunately having it unplugged over night did nothing and there are no additional buttons to change the input selection as far as the users manual I've looked at it and it only recommends pressing the reset button twice to restore it to factory default setting -- which is on the remote that I don't have.

• John
    Favorite Answer

Download the manual below and read it. As you will read you need either the "Video" or "reset" buttons (ONLY on the original remote - may or may not be the same as on a "universal.") to get somewhere.

Sanyo 36 Inch Tv

Two things you can do immediately.

Try unplugging the tv. Wait a couple of minutes, then when you plug it back in, that will reset the processor to its default mode (the tv).

You should also have series of buttons on side of the side to control volume, channels, etc, and may have a selector for the inputs also.

Look on the side of your tv? My guess is that there HAS to be some button to change that would either say channel, video, or input. Something on the tv should have the capability to change it off of video 2.

• Lynne

That didn't work for me. Video is still at the top of my screen.