My cat has a mild cold?

My oldest cat has started to get the symptoms of a mild cold she is sneezing more than normal and she sounds like her nose is congested. She is still eating normally and she is grooming herself like normal as well. I just lost a cat about a month ago to pneumonia and i have some of the amoxicillin that the vet... show more My oldest cat has started to get the symptoms of a mild cold she is sneezing more than normal and she sounds like her nose is congested. She is still eating normally and she is grooming herself like normal as well.

I just lost a cat about a month ago to pneumonia and i have some of the amoxicillin that the vet perscribed me for her left would it be a good idea to give my sick kitty half a regular dose to help boost her immune system since she is older. (she is 8) I dont want to lose another cat!