Can you go brown in england?

I was thinking then... its really sunny outside and its near the spring/summer time. the sun is shining on my bed and i was thinking if i lie there for about 1/2 hour would i go a bit brown because my skin if fairly white. Also i don't like sun bathing on the beach but i was thinking of putting on fake tan,... show more I was thinking then... its really sunny outside and its near the spring/summer time. the sun is shining on my bed and i was thinking if i lie there for about 1/2 hour would i go a bit brown because my skin if fairly white.

Also i don't like sun bathing on the beach but i was thinking of putting on fake tan, but my friends put some on her legs and streaks ended up everywhere BUT some of my boy friends tried it cause there stupid and its was just amazing !
What product shall i buy? i don't want to go like dead brown like a light browny orange colour...