Where do I find empirical data on firms' lobbying activity?

Where do i find data on firms' lobbying activity?

Hey guys,

google couldn't help me. I'm asking you.

Here the thing: I'm writing a term paper (25 pages long) on the topic "Firms as political actors". And I desperately need some empirical data (case studies, if you wish) like true primary sources on firms' political lobbying activity. Like what exactly DaimlerChrysler/ BMW/Monsanto/ TeleCom/ Phillip Morris/ or any other company in any other industry did-do-is doing in Brussels or DC.

Where do I find such info ? Am I supposed to kill my eyes by reading all the newspaper articles ever written with regard to this topic? Or maybe there is an online source providing such data ?

Favorite Answer

Try going to the government lobbying disclosure database:

http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/

Lobbyists are required to register their activities quarterly. You can run searches and come up with your own empirical data. For example, I just ran a search with Client Name "Ford" Filing Year "2009" and Issue Data "Energy." It returned 20 quarterly filings. Just click on each one and see what they spent. It's a short pdf form, very easy to ready. The very first one tells you that Ford, through Alpine Group, spent $40,000 attempting to influence the vehicle emissions standards in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

It will take you a little while to run through a search for each of the formerly-big-three, but you know your data will not have any biases ... except the ones you bring to your search, and those you can disclose in your paper. Best of Luck!

Aesity means self-lifestyles. Aesity explains the metaphysical nature of God as a purely self-existent being that exists in complete actuality. God isn't a being that's created by technique of yet another god; neither does God create himself into lifestyles. quite, God has consistently existed as an unchanging, thoroughly actualized being. God has his Being of himself and to himself such that he's Absolute being and the definition of lifestyles. as a results of fact God’s essence is his nature and God’s lifestyles is comparable to his essence it follows that God is lifestyles.