My boyfriend tried to beat me should I forgive him?

My boyfriend and I got into a really heated argument in his room because my phone woke him up. I didn't mean to leave my phone on to wake him up and as soon as it rang he punched me in my back and called me an asshole. He got up and went to the bathroom and while he was in there I decided to gather my things... show more My boyfriend and I got into a really heated argument in his room because my phone woke him up. I didn't mean to leave my phone on to wake him up and as soon as it rang he punched me in my back and called me an asshole. He got up and went to the bathroom and while he was in there I decided to gather my things and leave his house. He comes back into the room and pushes me down on his bed and throws my bag across the room saying that I can't leave his house but, I had to get the f**k out of his room. I just kept saying please let me get my things and I'll leave and he just kept pushing me down and he even put his hands around my throat and twisted my arm back and said that he was going to break my arm if I tried to leave. I finally got my stuff and went into the living room and his mother was in there and I told her I was leaving because he tried to choke me. He told her that I was crazy and I was lying and they both stood there saying that I was a psycho. He told me that I was the worst person he's ever dated and his mother told him that he could do better than me. After all of this he still wants to date me and apologized for doing it but, a part of me feels like leaving but, another part feels like staying. I'm scared because I have never dated anyone like this before. What should I do? Can this be worked out?
17 answers 17