what's the difference between perfume and body spray?

I was wondering what the difference between perfume, body spray, body mist, body splash, eau de toilette, eau de perfum, eau de cologne and cologne. If someone could give me the meaning for each AND the differences between them that would be great! I would also like a good, not too expensive place to shop for body spray. Thanks!

also what's a fragrance mist? i mean i know what it is but i want to know the difference between fragrance mist and all the other things i mentioned above.

Favorite Answer

PERFUME:

- Eau De Toilet: Same as Eau De Parfum, but less concentrated, and containing more water & alcohol.

- Eau De Parfum: More concentrated than Eau De Toilet, and also more expensive. This lasts a lot longer than standard Eau De Toilet.

- Parfum: Pure perfume oil, very difficult to find in typical fragrance brands, I.E. Gucci, Dior, etc. When you DO find pure parfum, it's usually incredibly expensive.

COLOGNE:

-Cologne: Concentrated oil with a small bit of alcohol and water added

-Eau De Cologne: Same with Eau De Toilet, Cologne with more water and alcohol

BODY MIST & SPRAY: Same thing, Like an Eau De Toilet but even less concentrated. These typically contain a tiny amount of perfume oil with the rest of the bottle being a mixture of alcohol and perfume.

So, here's the break-down. This list goes in terms of most concentrated (strongest) to least concentrated (weakest)

1) Parfum/Cologne

2) Eau De Parfum/Eau De Cologne

3) Eau De Toilet

4) Body Mist/Body Spray/Body Fragrance

A great place to find nice smelling body spray is Victoria's Secret. They often hold sales, and have a wide variety of yummy scents. All of my friends are hooked on their body sprays and lotions.

Here's a link:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname...

Good luck & happy shopping! Hope I helped!

Source(s): I'm a perfume fanatic! :]

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I was wondering what the difference between perfume, body spray, body mist, body splash, eau de toilette, eau de perfum, eau de cologne and cologne. If someone could give me the meaning for each AND the differences between them that would be great! I would also like a good, not too expensive place...

Source(s): 39 difference perfume body spray: https://shortly.im/yw1Xp
  • ?

Perfume Definition

Perfume is a more concentrated smell and all the others are less concentrated for an on the go feel.

Is Perfume and cologne the same thing? I don't think so.