Ok, question about mma training?

I have a dilemma. I've been considering joining a martial arts academy for quite a while (in the hopes I could one day fight atleast at an amateur level), but the closest one to my house is 60 miles away in the next city. They have Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Taekwando, as well as various different karate dojos around... show more I have a dilemma. I've been considering joining a martial arts academy for quite a while (in the hopes I could one day fight atleast at an amateur level), but the closest one to my house is 60 miles away in the next city. They have Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Taekwando, as well as various different karate dojos around the area but again they're more than an hour and a half away from my home. Now I've just been told an mma training academy has recently opened in my area. I know how mma guys warn against "mma" themed training academies so I'm just wondering if its worth my time or should I make the trip out of town every other day? Thoughts?

Btw, I called the mma place in my town and the lady (yes, the instructor is a lady...huge like Lesnar but with hips) and she says her program teaches the fundamentals of becoming a well rounded fighter. They touch on karate, taekwando, boxing, kickboxing, and a little wrestling.