C asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 decade ago

Does the Tacoma TRD package come in 4x4 or 4x2?

does the 2006 toyota tacoma trd come in 4x2 or is it only 4x4?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well, disreguarding the answers below bashing toyota, the answer is yes and no.

TRD (Toyota Racing Development) has two different packages, one is 4x4, the other is 4x2

the TRD sport is the 4x2, TRD off road is the 4x4

Source(s): experience, not bullshit
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

In pickups, nothing can touch the Tacoma 4x4 with TRD components. TRD also offers other goodies for the Tacoma from body kits to performance exhaust and superchargers. I had a 2000 Tacoma Pre Runner with the 195hp V6. Then I discovered TRD. I had their supercharger and stainless steel performance exhaust installed, and the power went from 195 to 250. I also had the wide TRD fender flares intalled. What a truck that was. I got the Pre Runner because I didn't go off roading. I couldn't bear getting it muddy. That truck was a head turner.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The TRD or "Toyota Rust Development" comes standard on all Tacoma's at no extra cost, just check the frame!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The "Toyota Rust Development" or TRD comes with all trucks made by Toyota. Read more about it here http://www.toyotaframerust.com/index.php?option=co...

You can see a what the TRD package does here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INujD8kuc5s

Youtube thumbnail

Surprising that they actually advertise the rust package though....

Chris above me deserves best answer though.

Source(s): Combat Veteran.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

toyotas have the only true 4x4 any other truck on the road should say 4x2, but there isnt a package for any truck that says 4x2 (maybe 2x4)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.