?
? asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 years ago

I'm fat but my body seems to be rejecting this fat. It seems to just sit on top. Any thoughts? Any advice?

So last night I was looking in the mirror and I saw a stretch mark on my cheek. A little one, but still a stretch mark. I have come to the realization that I am fat. I am 19 years old and 3 years ago I weighed between 125-130 now I weigh 175-180. I am 5'6 and have a very small frame. This fat does not sit well on me. I have stretchmarks EVERYWHERE, cellulite on my legs and stomach, and it actually looks like my body is rejecting this fat. It just sits on top of everywhere. I have a big unnatural looking gut, thighs, arms, boobs, bum, and even face! My body isn't embracing this weight at all. I look like a slender person with a fat suit on. I am not a naturally big person so my body fat percentage is probably like 40%.

I feel so weird just noticing this. It feels like I should have known this. I am ready for a huge change because I just realized that I am extremely unhealthy. About 3 1/2 years ago I moved to a small town with no sports to play and I just became very inactive. I was quite small for my age (no breasts, small hips) and I hadn't went through puberty yet. When I was almost 16 I got my period and grew breasts. From that point on I just began steadily gaining weight. About 50 pounds in 3 years!

I know it probably seems weird that I am just noticing this but I truly am. I would like to lose about 50 pounds (not in a particular amount of time I would just like to get healthy) and become physically fit. Any tips? Advice? Also, has anyone ever heard of fat not meshing in with your body? I feel so abnormal because I don't feel like a fat person. I feel like a small person with fat just placed on top. My ankles, wrists, and waist are small and it just looks so weird..

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I know what you mean about not noticing at first. It does seem silly but sometimes the fat just sneaks up on you. Something similar happened to me, I think I got a little depressed and just ate my feelings & the next thing I know I'm 4 sizes bigger. It sounds really stupid, but even though I was buying larger sizes it wasn't hitting me how much I was really gaining, you know? Anyway, I got to a point, like you are now, where I HAD to do something. I lost weight by doing my own kind of version of Atkins, which is a low-carb diet. You can look it up on the net or check out one of the million books out about it. But pretty much you just cut out carbs like bread, pasta, potatoes, etc. You pretty much just eat meat (chicken, a little bit of beef, turkey, fish) & veggies (salads, green beans, asparagus, cucumbers, etc.). For drastic weight loss you should only consume about 20 carbs a day then gradually go up to about 80. Just check your labels & see if this works for you. Good luck!

I know a boy who is like this. He gained about 30 pounds because he got a huge injury which made him have to stop playing football. The fat on his arms, stomach and legs looks like it's fluffy and just kind of hanging off of him. I'm glad that you are taking the initiative to change, it's going to take you having the will power to be active and try and get stronger. Make that your first goal.

Also- Easy way to lose an additional 10 pounds a month- Jump Rope every day for a month- for 10 minutes a day. 10 pounds right off the batt.

Answer Mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Avvgi...

God Bless

Angel

Chew thoroughly chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

• Bertha

got nuts with nuts eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full try soaking them in water for a different texture

shop during your lunch hour while carrying a 7 pound hobo bag and naturally a few new purchases

Use blue plates If you put food on blue plates it can cause you to eat less

trade in a cappuccino for a regular a cup of joe

edamame soy beans are a great low cost snack look for them in the frozen foods section

snack attack puree peaches berries or pears for a sweet spread to go on pita chips