?
Lv 4
? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

I'm fat but my body seems to be rejecting this fat. It seems to just sit on top. Any thoughts? Any advice?

So last night I was looking in the mirror and I saw a stretch mark on my cheek. A little one, but still a stretch mark. I have come to the realization that I am fat. I am 19 years old and 3 years ago I weighed between 125-130 now I weigh 175-180. I am 5'6 and have a very small frame. This fat does not sit well on me. I have stretchmarks EVERYWHERE, cellulite on my legs and stomach, and it actually looks like my body is rejecting this fat. It just sits on top of everywhere. I have a big unnatural looking gut, thighs, arms, boobs, bum, and even face! My body isn't embracing this weight at all. I look like a slender person with a fat suit on. I am not a naturally big person so my body fat percentage is probably like 40%.

I feel so weird just noticing this. It feels like I should have known this. I am ready for a huge change because I just realized that I am extremely unhealthy. About 3 1/2 years ago I moved to a small town with no sports to play and I just became very inactive. I was quite small for my age (no breasts, small hips) and I hadn't went through puberty yet. When I was almost 16 I got my period and grew breasts. From that point on I just began steadily gaining weight. About 50 pounds in 3 years!

I know it probably seems weird that I am just noticing this but I truly am. I would like to lose about 50 pounds (not in a particular amount of time I would just like to get healthy) and become physically fit. Any tips? Advice? Also, has anyone ever heard of fat not meshing in with your body? I feel so abnormal because I don't feel like a fat person. I feel like a small person with fat just placed on top. My ankles, wrists, and waist are small and it just looks so weird..

Thanks in advance.

Update:

John, what I meant by sitting on top is that it isn't blending in with my body. Other people I see who are fat look like they are meant to be fat. I know that nobody is meant to be fat, but it seems to sit on them better. They don't have stretch marks or cellulite. It looks natural as opposed to unnatural.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Fat deposits under your skin might not be aesthetically pleasing but those are much healthier than fat deposits inside your body, smothering your organs, like the kind of fat the men get in their guts.

This is one advantage of being a woman…your fat deposits are just under your skin…hello, cellulite and stretch marks! Your body is not “rejecting this fat”; it just keeps it where it’s safer than inside.

It’s not weird that you’re just noticing something about yourself. The idea of one own body image is quite tricky. Some thin people see themselves as fat; beautiful people see themselves as ugly, young people see themselves as old and vice-versa, etc…

Just two days ago, somebody was telling me how cute my kids were (they’re adults now, 20 and above) because they look like me and have cute dimples. But then I said “I don’t have dimples”, but lo and behold, I was told I did, when I laugh or have a big smile. I actually had to go in front of a mirror and smile to notice my cute dimples! Usually when I see myself in a mirror, I’m brushing my teeth so it’s not like I’m smiling. There’s no pictures of me smiling either…you can see I did not have a very good marriage and mostly I was the one taking pictures.

I don’t feel like an old person, but I still have grey hair (I’m allergic to hair dye) and I automatically get the senior citizen discount at the movie theater, not that I’m complaining.

You might not feel like a fat person but you’re overweight. Try to go back down to a healthy weight, like 150lbs max (5’6 healthy weight is between 115lbs and 150lbs). Gaining 50lbs in 3 years is very sneaky. Each pound of fat reserves is 3,500 calories so 50lbs would be 175,000 calories. 3 years are 1,095 days, so you ate a daily average of 160 calories too many…which you could have lost doing about 20 minutes of exercising (aerobics burn about 8 calories per minute). If you had exercised for 20 minutes every day, you would not have gained those 50lbs.

A “small town with no sports to play” is no excuse for a sedentary life. You can still go outside in a small town and walk/jog or bike. Or stay home and do calisthenics, use free weights and use a stationary bike.

You’re right about one thing. Some big women still look great while others really do not agree with fat deposits. I have friends who are 50lbs heavier than me (I’m 125lbs) and are big and beautiful, with fat deposit everywhere and smooth skin. If I gain 10lbs, I just get a belly pouch and a fat butt so my spine gets out of alignment, so I also get back aches, while my arms look like skinny sticks and my waist (above my belly button) stays thin. It was fine when I was younger and just look like I was pregnant but now I’m too old for that.

• Gina
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Source(s): Reduce Cellulite http://renditl.info/CelluliteGoAway/?Z6Hj
  • 4 years ago

wrap up any extra food you ve cooked before you sit down to a meal so you re not tempted to get seconds

• 4 years ago

take in the greenery sit in lotus position and breathe deeply for an hour and 42 minutes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

yoga may be relaxing but you can also get a good workout an hour of yoga can burn up to 350 calories

• 4 years ago

dont confuse thirst with hunger drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if thats what you re really craving

• 4 years ago

Avoid bringing your favourite food into your home

• 4 years ago

90 minute ride on horse back

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Use a bathroom on a different floor and use the stairs

• 4 years ago

better to avoid diet when you re under a lot of stress

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.