I'm fat but my body seems to be rejecting this fat. It seems to just sit on top. Any thoughts? Any advice?

So last night I was looking in the mirror and I saw a stretch mark on my cheek. A little one, but still a stretch mark. I have come to the realization that I am fat. I am 19 years old and 3 years ago I weighed between 125-130 now I weigh 175-180. I am 5'6 and have a very small frame. This fat does not sit well... show more So last night I was looking in the mirror and I saw a stretch mark on my cheek. A little one, but still a stretch mark. I have come to the realization that I am fat. I am 19 years old and 3 years ago I weighed between 125-130 now I weigh 175-180. I am 5'6 and have a very small frame. This fat does not sit well on me. I have stretchmarks EVERYWHERE, cellulite on my legs and stomach, and it actually looks like my body is rejecting this fat. It just sits on top of everywhere. I have a big unnatural looking gut, thighs, arms, boobs, bum, and even face! My body isn't embracing this weight at all. I look like a slender person with a fat suit on. I am not a naturally big person so my body fat percentage is probably like 40%.

I feel so weird just noticing this. It feels like I should have known this. I am ready for a huge change because I just realized that I am extremely unhealthy. About 3 1/2 years ago I moved to a small town with no sports to play and I just became very inactive. I was quite small for my age (no breasts, small hips) and I hadn't went through puberty yet. When I was almost 16 I got my period and grew breasts. From that point on I just began steadily gaining weight. About 50 pounds in 3 years!

I know it probably seems weird that I am just noticing this but I truly am. I would like to lose about 50 pounds (not in a particular amount of time I would just like to get healthy) and become physically fit. Any tips? Advice? Also, has anyone ever heard of fat not meshing in with your body? I feel so abnormal because I don't feel like a fat person. I feel like a small person with fat just placed on top. My ankles, wrists, and waist are small and it just looks so weird..

Thanks in advance.
Update: John, what I meant by sitting on top is that it isn't blending in with my body. Other people I see who are fat look like they are meant to be fat. I know that nobody is meant to be fat, but it seems to sit on them better. They don't have stretch marks or cellulite. It looks natural as opposed to unnatural.
25 answers 25