What do you think about these Amazing facts about Israel?
Israel is the 100th smallest country, and has about 1/1000th of the world's population. It is only 62 years old,
Only 62 years old, 7 million people strong (less than Virginia), and smaller in size than New Jersey, surrounded by enemies, under constant threat and possessing almost no natural resources, and yet…
* Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. It has absorbed 350% of its population in 60 years.
* Israel is the only country in history to have revived an unspoken language.
* Since the founding of the state, Israel has more Nobel Prices per capita than any other country. It has more laureates in real numbers than China, Mexico and Spain.
* Israel has the 8th longest life expectancy (80.7 years), longer than the UK, US, and Germany
* Israeli films were nominated three years in a row for the Academy Award's Best Foreign Film
* Israel is the only country that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees, even more remarkable -- in an area that's mainly desert.
* Over 90% of Israeli homes use solar energy for hot water, the highest percentage in the world.
* Israel will be the first country to host a national electric car network.
* Israel is ranked in the top five Cleantech countries of the world, and operates the world’s largest desalinization plant.
* Israeli companies are producing the largest solar energy production facility in the world.
Science & Technology
* Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, 63% more than the U.S. It also has the most physicians and engineers per capita.
* Israel's scientific research institutions are ranked 3rd in the world.
* Israel is ranked 2nd in space sciences.
* Israel produces the 3rd most scientific papers per capita, and the most in stem cell science.
* More Israeli patents are registered in the United States than from Russia, India and China combined (combined population 2.5 billion). It leads the world in patents for medical equipment.
* Israeli companies invented the drip irrigation system, discovered the world’s most used drug for multiple sclerosis, designed the Pentium NMX Chip technology and the Pentium 4 and Centrium microprocessors, created Instant Messenger (ICQ), and Israeli cows produce more milk per cow than any other in the world!
* Israel has the 3rd highest rate of entrepreneurship among women in the world.
* Israel has attracted the most venture capital investment per capita in the world, 30 times more than Europe
* Israel has more NASDAQ-listed companies than any country besides the US -- more than all of Europe, India, China and Japan combined.
* In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute numbers, Israel has more startups than any country other than the U.S