Autism help and advise, very worried mum?

i posted a question on here about a week ago, although now my situation is slightly different now. i have a daughter at 17months, she is very pleasant and developed all her milestones on time. my main problem with her is, she doesnt respond when i call her, sometimes (rarely) she does but more often not, its almost... show more i posted a question on here about a week ago, although now my situation is slightly different now. i have a daughter at 17months, she is very pleasant and developed all her milestones on time. my main problem with her is, she doesnt respond when i call her, sometimes (rarely) she does but more often not, its almost like she is ignoring me, she gets so involved in her play that she wont even know i am calling her name, or like i said, she could be ignoring me??

her eye contact is not so great either, if im playing silly games with her on the floor, such as "gonna get you" she will look at me, otherwise its only for a couple of seconds if i get her attention. she does not point either or communicate with me, if she is upset she will say "mamma" and lift up her arms for cuddles. she does not follow my instructions either like she does not understand.

she says about 3 words. she loves affection, plays well alongside other children and plays with her toys correctly, she doesnt have any odd behaviour with her toys. she does not walk on tiptoes. she does clap hands, give me 5, and give me a kiss when i ask.

i took her to my doctor who said he was concerned about her not responding to her name, he has refered her to a paediatrician. i also took her to see a paediatrician nurse in the mean time who told me, she had pretty good eye contact with her ( for the 5 mins she saw her) and that i should just wait and see whats said when i see the pediatrician in may. she refered me back to my doctor, this time a different one, who told me there is nothing wrong with my little girl and put me on antidepressants, she didnt examine her in any way, just looked at her and got smiles in return, she told me that she is a normal healthy child.

im worried sick now, do you think i am being ignored? or that i should be concerned about my little girl. what other possible reason could there be for her not responding? her ears are fine and been tested. also with the eye contact not so good. and the not pointing???
9 answers 9