Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 10 years ago

Mac Games Video Card Support?

For Civ 4, the Apple Store says that I need an "ATI Radeon 9600 or NVidia GeForce FX 5200 or higher (Supported cards include ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X850, X1600; NVidia GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7800)" video card. I have NVIDIA GeForce 9400. This is higher than NVidia GeForce FX 5200, but isn't listed. Will this game work on my system? Please only answer if you have played this game or a similar one and use the NVIDIA GeForce 9400. Thanks

Best Answer

It will work. WIth out a doubt. The only reason it dose not list the 9400 is because the 9400 is newer than that game. All it is saying is that you need those graphics cards are one better than those and you have one better.

• faling

Sorry, the Mini has an integrated video card. the only parts you may replace are the complicated stress and RAM. Having performed this myself, i can ensure that that is a soreness. I fix pcs for a residing and oftentimes replacing the HD and RAM takes me 5 minutes. On my Mini, it took almost an hour, maximum of it spent swearing. For once i theory about in simple terms paying someone to do it for me. regrettably Macs are not a lot for gaming and the Mini is the most inexpensive one for a reason. you should verify the iMac line to work out if any of them will meet the specs.