baseballfan1 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

yankees fan meeting david ortiz?

I'm a Yankees fan and next weekend (a week from this coming weekend) I'm meeting Ortiz with my brother (Red Sox fan), my uncle (Red Sox fan), my dad like the yanks if any team, my 7 yr old cousin (Yankees fan), and lots of other people myh uncle knows (who i dont know). should I wear my Yankees jersey and hat cuz i dont wanna but it'd be kinda funny. i wanna get an autograph and dont know if i should wear my yankees clothes. tell me what u think!

actually........I'm goin to a game after meeting him, but I'll be in the box at the top

i dont want him to sign the clothes. just a glove or picture or probably just a......baseball!

Favorite Answer

You'll be alright... unless you act like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLxYNS5mIg

Youtube thumbnail

=P I love that commercial. No honestly you'll be fine. Ortiz is known to be a really nice guy and he's hardly a Yankee-hater; he's good friends with so many players on the team like A-Rod and Cano. He might tease you a little but it'll all be in good fun. Have a good time =)

He'll probably just make a little joke or something about the Yankees gear, if he even thinks to notice it. Professional Ballplayers don't give a hoot about that team rivalry stuff, away from the field. He has shown a lot of appreciation for the New England fan base over the years and understands the whole rivalry thing, but I promise he cares a lot less about it than your goober family does. And if you people can get along in the same room, I don't think Big Papi is likely to be the one who will break the peace.

Back in the day Pedro would have drilled you in ear with a fast ball (just kidding).

I agree w/ you when it comes to the DH spot I say Montero. But; remembering all the (monster) home runs that ortiz hit at Yankees Stadium while being a red sux can you imagine to the ones he can hit if he could became a Yankee. But, no I wouldn't want to see him in pine strips. Yankees should be focusing on pitch this off-season, then if they cold get a power hitter ( which i doubt) there could be no room for ortiz.

Even though there were many jokes made, Ortiz in real life is a nice guy. He won't care if you wear yankee clothes. He just wants you to support your team. So yea wear yankee clothes, but don't wear them at a game at fenway

• Anu R

The players of both teams don't care about the rivalry. Ortiz is a nice guy, I met him once. He even said that it was the fans who kept the rivalry alive, he said that it's purely professional. Trust, he won't mind.

wear t he yankee jersye because it is just a game and ortiz is a cool dude! this coming from 45 year old yankee fan

if i were you id wear a hat, or just the jersey, actually. the jersey.

just dont over do it and be an ***, but its good that your proud of your team. (:

• 6

Yeah, wear them and get him to sign them. And be sure to sign his forehead in return with Big Sloppy Loser.

Why would you have him sign yankee gear

yea ur family is messed up...PICK RED SOX OR YANKEES! NOT BOTH. As a true red sox fan id rather you not even bother him. Good day