Divorce in texas, different county question?

Im filling the papers to get my divorce in texas.

Does it matters that the addres on my ID and my husband ID is different then the one we live rigth now?

Is the same county: harris

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That does not matter; venue is determined by residence in a specific county for at least 90 days, not a particular address in that county.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Hal
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

You're asking about venue, which is to say what counties you may file in. You may file in a county that you or your husband have maintained your primary residence for the last 90 days. At the final hearing, you'll swear, under penalty of perjury, that the county where you filed is where you or your husband had lived for the 90 days previous to filing. The address on any identification is merely evidence, and if you can support your testimony with the reason where you lived is different from what's on your ID, that's fine.

Source(s): more about jurisdiction and venue in Texas divorces at my web site: http://www.civilized-divorce.com/how-to-get-starte...
  • 10 years ago

No that should not matter as long as you use the correct address on the divorce papers so they can serve your husband. Good Luck

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

You have to file in the County where you are a legal resident.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chrys
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

no...(lady across the street from me is getting divorced, he's in N.C and she's here in FL...doesn't even matter if you're not in the same state...)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.