Considering the recent increase in earthquakes (China most recently) how much longer before Ca gets hit?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Already happened, look up the recent earthquake in "Baja California", just on the other side of the border in Mexico. A California town, Calexico, was nearly wiped off the map by the thing.

The thing people aren't getting about the big quakes is: they happen at otherwise "stable" fault lines. Meaning, they don't have lots of "little" quakes often, the way the San Andreas fault does. That just relieves the pressure at the fault line.

Instead, with a "stable" fault like the New Madrid faultline, what you see is years to decades of quiet, of relative non-activity. Pressure builds up on the faultline for years and years, not just days. So when an earthquake hits there it hits much harder.

So I'll say it: You're going to see more BIG quakes both north and south of the San Andreas faultline before that fault loses it. You'll see more in Baja California in Mexico, and then you'll see more points north, in Northern Cali and Oregon, *first*, before Southern California actually loses it and has "The Big One".

I wish it weren't so, but you know, plate tectonics get weird that way. The Earth's not all one piece folks. Not even.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Nooooo. Don't say that! i live in Cali! An earthquake will hit after I die. But while im still alive and kicking i dont want an earthquake to hit here in Cali. I live in San Francisco so i dont want an earhquake to happen any day soon. And why would u want an earthquake in Cali?? who in the right mind would wish for such thing?

• 10 years ago

Gonna happen really soon.

When it does you can imagine the saturation coverage on tv.

It will be California Earthquake aftermath 24/7. Every stinking reporter and dimwit talking head will be there to tell the sad stories about the death and destruction.

Be sure you have your kitchen stocked with plenty of beer, soda and chips. You won't want to miss a moment of the TV coverage.

• sauers
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

8 hours later, the dying toll is now over 4 hundred. the area is distant (close to Tibet) with the only street out and in of the area badly broken. this would very much avert rescue efforts. the army is having to apply palms and shovels. 1000's greater have been injured. there's a great want for prayer and for sensible help. Charities (exceedingly non secular ones) are going into overdrive to help the unfavorable human beings. they want our economic help. i'm very much greatly surprised at a number of the solutions here - godless human beings blaming God? Callous indifference to the suffering? brushing off the form simply by fact it is not 'great sufficient' to 'count selection'? (whilst Jesus envisioned will improve in earthquakes in Mat. 24, value replaced into no longer pronounced - it replaced into will improve in places.) easily we've under no circumstances lived in this way of godless, faithless era - and that's an excellent bigger sign that Christ's return is drawing close. whilst He comes, he would be finding for faith on earth. Please God that further and extra individuals waken as much as our ought to have confidence Christ implicitly, in good cases and in undesirable cases.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lilac
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Earthquakes are dreadful and unpredictable.

We can only hope for the best.

• HSIN
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Hopefully not long...

I think about it sometimes, and wish it would just come... and I hope I'll be on a bridge... or on the top of some tower...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

not soon enuf!!!

ive been waiting 15 yrs for L A to bite the big one!!

• Jackie
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

its hit daily, theyre just not strong enuf to do as much damage.

• 10 years ago

Experts don't know the answer to this question either.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I don't think we predict those things very well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.