Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Deadly earthquakes and RELIGION?

A new earthquake in China now. Why have these large earthquakes suddenly become so numerous?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLckLFobyY

Youtube thumbnail

Even foreign governments now openly state that the HAARP program is causing all of these earthquakes. What are the religious implications of the increasing MAN-MADE earthquakes? Has this all gone too far?

Youtube thumbnail

Best Answer

Why does God allow earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, cyclones, mudslides, and other natural disasters? Tragedies such as the 2004 tsunami in Asia, Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the 2008 cyclone in Myanmar, and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti cause many people to question God’s goodness. It is distressing that natural disasters are often termed “acts of God” while no “credit” is given to God for years, decades, or even centuries of peaceful weather. God created the whole universe and the laws of nature (Genesis 1:1). Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Hurricanes, typhoons, and tornados are the results of divergent weather patterns colliding. Earthquakes are the result of the earth’s plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake.

The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see in Deuteronomy 11:17 and James 5:17. Numbers 16:30-34 shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation. Romans 8:19-21 tells us, “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.” The fall of humanity into sin had effects on everything, including the world we inhabit. Everything in creation is subject to “frustration” and “decay.” Sin is the ultimate cause of natural disasters just as it is the cause of death, disease, and suffering.

We can understand why natural disasters occur. What we do not understand is why God allows them to occur. Why did God allow the tsunami to kill over 225,000 people in Asia? Why did God allow Hurricane Katrina to destroy the homes of thousands of people? For one thing, such events shake our confidence in this life and force us to think about eternity. Churches are usually filled after disasters as people realize how tenuous their lives really are and how life can be taken away in an instant. What we do know is this: God is good! Many amazing miracles occurred during the course of natural disasters that prevented even greater loss of life. Natural disasters cause millions of people to reevaluate their priorities in life. Hundreds of millions of dollars in aid is sent to help the people who are suffering. Christian ministries have the opportunity to help, minister, counsel, pray, and lead people to saving faith in Christ! God can, and does, bring great good out of terrible tragedies (Romans 8:28).

Source(s): The Lightning Strikes
  • I'm not sure exactly what connection you were trying to make between earthquakes and religion, but Revelations does speak of the end of the age resulting in an enormous earthquake that will send tremors across the whole globe, and those who shun God hiding in underground shelters. I also find the passage on the 'Mark of the Beast' to be interesting, since as certain people have pointed out it sounds a lot like the microchip they plan on inserting in humans sometime in the next few years to replace money (which I will not be complying with!) Religious or not, accepting the RFID microchip would have some undeniably dangerous implications...govt being able to track your whereabouts wherever you go and who knows what else?

I've heard some stuff about HAARP, and also about chemtrails (which I suggest looking up) and I believe both to be interesting theories. Although, only time will tell. It certainly seems like earthquakes are becoming more frequent and intense, but I am not the most scientific person around and it'd probably be best to get a more scientific viewpoint on it. Not that I don't think theism and science can't coexist,as I believe they totally do. If an intelligent creator created the world and universe, he/she is hardly going to have their existence threatened by the laws of science are they? lol

p.s Can someone tell me which foreign govts have opened talked about HAARP? I wasn't aware of this...I feel stupid asking, but I also heard something about the large hadron collider being a cause of weather modification...does this have any basis in truth?

The reaction of that first person is what will lead to the death of everyone. Morons who don't take this seriously. Why so many earthquakes now? Why so strong? The answer is clear and widely accepted in the geological sciences.

These are man-made quakes caused by HAARP. Foreign governments have begun to speak publicly about their displeasure over this. If people don't start speaking out and learning about it, it will be the death of all.

I cannot say exactly how I think this relates to any particular religion.... but it's not a good thing. People need to pull together and wake up about this... NOW

The HAARP thingy is interesting, but what proof do any of us have ?

I have heard that there are around 7 similar devices around the world. The Russians famously had their Woodpecker ULF installation many years ago, we used to tune into it on our radio at home.

Can such things cause an Earthquake ?

Who knows ?

I know Tesla thought such a device was possible.

Remember there has been no noticeable increase in earthquake activity lately.

IMO, the religious implication is that God is saying that his people need to rise up and speak out against this, or they will choose their own deaths. I believe this truly could be the end, but only if people do nothing about it.

Earthquakes, natural or man-made, have no religious implication... Just thought you should know!!

• Leo

Oy vey. More HAARP conspiracy theories. By 'foreign governments' are you talking about Venezuela? Be serious. And if the Chinese government really thought that HAARP was responsible for a quake in their country do you really think they would sit back and say nothing?

Don't forget the new volcano in Iceland. Scary.

• Midge

speaks about them in Scripture---signs of the end times.

*facepalm*