How many people fit in a 2001 eclipse spyder?

I was looking to purchase an eclipse spyder, but i am going on a trip soon with 4 other people, and myself. So can 5 people fit in a eclipse spyder, or should i possibly barrow someone else s car? It would be about a 2 hour drive during summer. most likely top down if that matters.

Favorite Answer

well there is 4 seat belts in the car, but when they designed the car it was originally supposed to only have 2 seats and then they threw in the 2 back seat for the hell of it. The only problem about having the back seats is there is no room in the back to put your feet. I own an eclipse and i am 6'1" and need the seat all the way back, so the seat behind me has absolutely no room. For a 10-30 min drive it can fit 4 people ok. but for a 2 hour drive its going to be hell for the people in the back

2001 Eclipse Spyder

Mark I is right. 4 seatbelts = 4 passengers. The Eclipse configuration, whether it be coupe or convertible, is 2 + 2. The Spyder has an even smaller space for passengers in the back since the soft top hinges occupy a bit of space on both sides of the car.

Source(s): Evo IX MR and Eclipse owner

Technically 4 can fit. But it is VERY uncomfortable conisdering there is no leg room back there. Really in mine I just use my drivers seat and passanger seat cause the back is useless. But if you have to give someone a ride, I suggest only one more person only cause then they can put there feet across the back seat giving there legs more room as apose to being squished in the 4 inches of leg room behind the passanger seat.

sure it truly is going to in good structure. be careful with the installation when you're doing it your self.. ensure that you do make an effort, and disconnect the battery in the course of the installation. hint: cord the E-brake cord into the floor for the radio in case you go with the dvd participant to artwork even as employing.

• mark l

Four, as it has that many seatbelts.