How to keep dog out of trash?

Nothing seems to be working, I have a 2 year old cocker spaniel that is a little trash dog.lol. I love her but this a habit that is really getting out of hand. I have tried just about everything I can think of. I just want some new ideas of how you would stop this.
Update: Thanks for the replys.. no i am not lazy i do take my trash out more than once a day if it calls for it... but i am not going to waste money, i have tried lids, sounds, and water bottles. Even a correction to show her and say no. She is crate trained when we are not home. But, she is SO freakin sneaky. I have not... show more Thanks for the replys.. no i am not lazy i do take my trash out more than once a day if it calls for it... but i am not going to waste money, i have tried lids, sounds, and water bottles. Even a correction to show her and say no. She is crate trained when we are not home. But, she is SO freakin sneaky. I have not tried smells, baby locks or weights and i do not have cabinet space to put it in a cabinet. And my kitchen is like jointed openly to the living room, so i can not block it. And in no way am I for shock collars.