Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

If you could rid the world of nuclear weapons?

All of them in the world, would you do it?

meaning not a single nation would have them, yes even the US.

Update:

I meant completely

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark F
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

No. Nuclear weapons are not necessarily a bad thing. They have for example made al-out war between India and Pakistan far less likely than at any time in the last half-century. Without nuclear weapons, an all-out conventional war would have happened in central Europe between NATO and the Soviet's. I have no doubt about that. The fear that Israel has nuclear weapons also has a large part to play in why the Arab states have not attacked Israel since 1973. The problem with a question like this is that nobody else who responds really knows anything about nuclear weapons and what they do (from a strategic perspective).

Like so many other things though, nukes need to be done in moderation. Too much of a good thing can be bad for you.

• Will
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

no, never, not in a million years.

Let me explain, nuclear weapons are the ultimate force multiplier. Without them, you would have to match an invading force man for man, gun for gun. That means that without our nuclear arsenal, a country like china, with an overwhelmingly large ground force, could march across america without losing half their force. Think about it, ALL our technology would mean little when facing a horde of ground troops.

As much distruction as nuclear weapons may cause, and as much as you hippies dont like them, they have probabily saved more lives than all of your "earth protection" gigs combined.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes I will support it nuclear weapons are nothing but devices that causes mass destruction and it could land in the hands of terrorists so why not have a nuke free world including USA

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Strongly reduce them. I only want a very little number (less than 20). That way, man is uncapable of destroying the earth, and China and Russia would not send their massive armies to invade the USA

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BruceN
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Sure. But since the genie is already out of the bottle, it's a tough call. We've supposedly destroyed all our CBWs at Ft. Detrick years ago, but do you really believe there isn't a vial of anthrax sitting in some secret defense department refrigerator somewhere? I don't.

• 10 years ago

Yes.

• 10 years ago

Likely yes. But it is nothing but a fantasy considering you have no guarantees that removing all nukes would mean no nukes being built in the future.

• Of couse. Get rid of them Melt the guns and if we really get horny to fight just use rocks.

And Whimsy should read the history of WW11

• 10 years ago

Only if you can guarantee that no one will build one in the future.

• 10 years ago

Of course.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.