Needle stick injury today at work :( Should I be worried?

So was at clinic, and they took an aspiration from a neck and it was all pus filled and blood stained. Was distracted and accidently stabbed my finger. I drew blood. I didnt squeeze it to encourge the bleed like I should have done but it did bleed. I just want to know are needle stick injuries quite common and... show more So was at clinic, and they took an aspiration from a neck and it was all pus filled and blood stained. Was distracted and accidently stabbed my finger. I drew blood. I didnt squeeze it to encourge the bleed like I should have done but it did bleed.

I just want to know are needle stick injuries quite common and should I be worried?

I have been told I can only have a HIV HepB and C test after 3 months when I have made antibodies for it if the virus was present. But surely there is something to check for these viral antibodies in blood?

URGH!

x