Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 10 years ago

Why should Black people vote republican?

150 years ago the Gop used to be a liberal northern party Abraham Lincoln was a liberal republican that ended slavery.But after democrat Lyndon Johnson ended segregation in 1964.

K.K.K leader Strom Thurmond and southern conservative Dixiecrat's switched over to the republican party after the 1964 civil rights bill.

The Gop became a southern right wing party after 1964.

1.Today's Gop defends the confederate Flag.

2.Today's Gop is against affirmative action.

3.Today's Gop is against universal health care.

4.Today's Gop is against reparations for slavery.

5.Today's Gop only cares about ball sucking and worshiping Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.

THAT'S WHY THE LAST 50 YEARS 95% OF BLACKS AND LATINOS HAVE VOTED DEMOCRAT.

• Joel M
    Favorite Answer

I can think of no reason that anyone would want to vote Repug.

I'm not black so I can't answer this. However, here are some sources that would give you the black perspective. Also, be reminded that is is democrats who want to keep minorities down. Liberals at Planned Parenthood (started by Margaret Sanger, a racist) deliberately put abortion clinics in minority neighborhoods.

To refute your inaccurate points:

1. I do not care about the confederate flag, but we would all be wise to remember that part of our history.

2. Affirmative action is a program that is racist and sexist in nature encouraging people to be judged by skin color or gender only.

3. The healthcare bill is a monstrosity and so bad that the politicians exempted themselves and their staffers from it. Republicans have better ways to deal with the health care issue.

4. I am in favor of making reparations to any living people today who survived slavery. But I would have to draw the line there.

5. I am not interested in sucking balls. Maybe you are. If so, get on down to business. There are a lot of men who might like you. I do not worship other humans. While Rush is extremely intelligent and I agree with a lot of what he says, I do not care for his ego. I do like Glenn Beck but do not worship him. He makes good points. Points which I notice you have not tried to refute.

• mozie

is this stereotyping? very last time I checked-it develop into the Dems who were better racist. in simple terms because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton tells you the Republicans attempt to carry down the black inhabitants, doesnt propose it really is authentic. Republican celebration is for anybody. Many blacks have famimly values and opt to have the authorities.to comprehend human existence. per chance the blacks desire a better capitalist device somewhat of having Dems cause them to experience inferior and the the Dems might want to continuously keep the black inhabitants. Republicans see blacks as human beings too, not in simple terms votes. per chance those blacks decide on better comprehend for his or her race, comprehend the Dems can not provide because they deal with you want needy toddlers somewhat of people existence we the Reps do.

It appears to me that you already have your opinion formed. I'm neither republican nor democrat. I decide who I vote for based on the job I feel they can do for this country.

Personally, it's like choosing the lesser of 2 evils anyway. During the last election, I voted Obama simply because I couldn't take another 8 years of what we were going through as a country. I also voted for Bush the first time around.....not the second.

I'm Republican and I want black people to become successful in their lives.

I don't defend the confederate flag.

I think affirmative action promotes the failure of people who should have been admitted to colleges where they could succeed.

I think universal health care is going to harm the American population, and why would black people be for harming themselves?

My ancestors fought and died to abolish slavery. Why shouldn't I get reparations instead?

Love your avatar, BTW.

sadly, it appears the only original thoughts you have are racist ones....the rest seem to be the same old talking points that have been around for decades....

-Lincoln was an ultra-conservative by your standards.

-Robert Byrd was also in the KKK and didn't switch parties...does that mean he's "acceptable" to you?

-The majority of Americans are against "reparations for slavery" seeing as no one alive today was responsible for it.

-The Democrats are also against "Universal Health Care"...what was recently passed was state-mandated insurance.

-Your ad-lib about Rush and Beck is not worthy of a response and sadly indicative of your "original thought."

And with their vote they live on the plantation.

y our right, Plus Republicans wouldn't have a racist person like you

THIS IS ALSO WHY INTELLIGENT OPEN MINDED EDUCATED PEOPLE VOTE DEMOCRAT AND AGAINST MORE OF THE SAME WITH THE REPUBLICANS. NO THANKS TO IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY AND GREED. VOTE DEMOCRAT