Why do you like/dislike The Smiths?

Please share whatever you want about The Smiths and your experience with their music.

I am still a huge fan (have been since I was 14; I'm now 40)! I am curious to see what others, especially of a different generation see/hear.

They influenced me greatly. I have been a vegetarian since I was 19, I am an English teacher partly because when I was younger I got very into literature because of Morrissey.

A treat for you Smiths fans: Contemporary geniuses, Radiohead, doing "Headmaster's Ritual"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmS2ePSSdU

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Favorite Answer

Well, I like them because I am human and I need to be loved, just like everbody else does. Now, won't you meet me by the cemetary gates and take me out tonight, because I want to see people and I want to see lights.

Just kidding, lol. I have loved them for about 10 years now. They capture the human spirit.

nicely, i did no longer want to study the books, no longer even watch the action picture! then I ran right into a pal (she's 32/33) and she or he replaced into completely connected with the entire saga! So I mentioned 'ok, i will provide it of undertaking', and watched the action picture. whilst i began out watching it for the third time, i found out i replaced into hooked too. Then I study the 4 books very right this moment (a week or so). I have been given thoroughly into the series, i think simply by tale and because on the time i replaced into suffering for my ex and the guy in the e book (Edward) replaced into so suitable...besides, I enjoyed the books - nicely or extraordinarily written, does not depend, the story catches your interest on the instant - and basically like somebody else mentioned, they presented me to the 'delusion/vampire' worldwide. Now, after that, I study 'Evernight' and now i'm examining 'Stargazer' from Claudia gray. I intend to study numerous different vampire books, i admire the plots, and the keenness they show...you eventually finally end up liking vampires, you be attentive to? And aside from all that, I ought to assert, for me, books and movies ought to take me to different worlds, different realities...they should make me forget approximately my own fact for a whilst...this is how I % wether a action picture/e book is nice or no longer...and the Twilight series, and the Evernight series (so a techniques) have accomplished that. in spite of if the main characters are young infants (i'm in my 30s) :)

• What do I dislike about The Smiths? Well....

I hate how over-rated Morrissey is.

I hate how pretentious fans of The Smiths are (especially Students).

I hate how you just acted like Morrissey profoundly affected your life: "I've been a vegetarian since I was 19" "I got very into literature" whatever, surely you didn't make those decisions on Morrissey's influence. If you did, you haven't got a mind of your own and I weep for the education of your students.

I hate how my friend actually cried, real tears, when she saw Morrissey; how embarrassing.

I hate when I'm at a party, and someone put the Smiths on, all of the student wankers then get involved in an intense Morrissey cock stroking competition; My boyfriend once expressed his view of dislike at such a party and got the reply "how could you be wearing a Fred Perry top and not like The Smiths?" His answer: "I like Tennis".

See, weirdo wankers always having to make Morrissey more apart of everyday life then he actually belongs. Some people just like Tennis.

Eh, there OK?