Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelFranceNormandie · 1 decade ago

Massage therapy laws in France?

There is a possibility of my husband and I moving to France in the near future. I do not have a degree, nor do I speak French, however I'm pretty good at learning languages and have a background in Massage Therapy. I've been a licensed massage therapist in the states for over two years now and love the career field. Does anybody know what kind of laws/requirements exist in France about becoming a massage therapist? I did a search a little while ago and couldn't really find much on the subject. Any resources or direction would be great as well!

Favorite Answer

I am afraid that if you and your husband are American citizens, you will not be allowed to settle in France permanently unless you fulfil specific requirements. France is now only open to European citizens due to the Schengen treaty that regulates immigration into Europe in the Schengen zone. You do not say if your husband is a European citizen, or if he has been offered a job in France and therefore qualifies for a long stay visa.

Otherwise the only Americans who can get a job in France nowadays have to have very specialised skills which are scarce in Europe, outstanding qualifications that justify a local organisation supporting their application for a post, or belong to the diplomatic corps.They also are required to be fluent in French (there is a test). Long-stay visas and work permits are extremely difficult to obtain, just like Europeans have immense difficulty in getting a geen card to work in America.

There are plenty of massage therapists officially qualified with recognised diplomas in France, so your experience in this field would not be classified as being exceptional.

You can get further information about moving, working, and visas on the official French government website :

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france_159/enteri...

PS. I have checked the necessary requirements for therapists. They intail three years of study in one of the specialised colleges and two final exams in front of a jury.

It is illegal to practice without the state diploma.

http://www.infirmiers.com/le-metier-de-masseur-kin...

• ?

France Massage

• ?

as long as you have the consent of the determine and a signature to substantiate this, it shouldnt be a concern. even with the undeniable fact that, while ending up any remedies, you may desire to make certain you adhere to all regulations with regard to wellness and protection and the newborn protection act. it may additionally in all probability be extra suitable for you if the determine became present day in the room on the time of the therapy, nevertheless it relatively is a few thing you may desire to debate with the two the determine and the newborn. the newborn could or won't want the determine present day? desire it relatively is of help to you.

Enjoyed this question

I doubt this is feasible

When u massage, do not touch the weewee!