pdooma
Lv 7
pdooma asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Who is a great person in history very few people know about?

Update:

I'm going to put up Boudica and William Wilberforce.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Diogenes of Sinope

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Themistocles is the one human being who without the flame of democracy would have been extinguished -- forever changing, likely for the worst, the course of European, and indeed the world's, history. I doubt the computers (the development of science is dependent on social stability and civil law that is facilitated so well in democracy) we're using to day would have ever been created.

He fought off the Persians, and while they did eventually burn Athens to the ground, he saved the population; the brains, the culture, the very idea of democracy. This one man saved humanity from millennia of plight. He is, as far as I am concerned, the most important human being to have ever lived. Not that he was particularly brilliant (although he was quite smart), but he was in the right place at the right time. For that, I'm beyond grateful.

• 10 years ago

Jan III Sobieski, the King of Poland who rescued Vienna from the siege of the Ottomans in 1683.

• 10 years ago

Loyd Riverside

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fang
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Whomever started the fried okra phenomena.

Screw the Constitution, fried okra makes life worth living.

Edit: Thumbs up for Brayden from me.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Dimitri Mendeleev

created the periodic table therefore greatest discovery i award this man :)

• 10 years ago

Yuri Gagarin. The first person in space.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Well, Thomas Jefferson will soon slip out of memory at least in Texas, where all references to him have been eliminated in favor of Phyllis Shlafly and Newt Gingrich in the school textbooks.

• Sean
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Lao Tzu

“To lead people, walk beside them... As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate... When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves!'”

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

LaChandra Monica Shaqueefa Kentuckyfrickenneesha

She's da bomb

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.