How is the weather in Albuquerque, New Mexico?

Does it get really hot? When it is hot, does it feel hot? Does it snow? Does it rain often, or at least get a good amount of rainfall per year? Please share your experiences with the Albuquerque climate.

Favorite Answer

It does get hot in New Mexico. It's a dry heat. Just like being in the desert. I think it feels hotter in Albuquerque than being in a low-land area, such as Chicago, because the high elevation makes the sun feel hotter on your skin. A good suncreen and sunglasses are a must. Also, you need to drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Water is the best thing to drink.

In the winter, it snows alot because Albuquerque sits at a high elevation. I once had a stop on my way back to Chicago from San Diego and the stop was in Albuquerque. It was snowing fairly heavily at the time and the plane I was on had to be de-iced.

Source(s): Visited New Mexico

The temperature in Albuquerque varies by the season. In the winter it is fairly cold and in the summer it is scortching hot!! The reason why it gets cold in the winter in Albaquerque is because the Sandia Mountain is right by it which rises Albaquerques elevation. I am a fellow New Mexican, I live in Roswell New Mexico u know the alien city, it gets freaking hot here!! One time last year it was 107 degrees here in Roswell. In the winter it gets pretty cold here in Roswell. Albaqueque gets about 4 harsh snow days a year.

Source(s): I live in New Mexico