Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

i live in scotland have a degree on law and wont move to the usa?

would be able become lawyer how would i get there would this be easy etc.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Rob T
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To become a lawyer in the US you'll need to take the bar exam in the state you're moving to. Every state has its own specialized exam, so you'll need to pick a state and study for the test before you move. The bar is extremely difficult, especially if you aren't well versed in US laws, but there are many online prep courses to help you study.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Me
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You have a decent shot at getting a work visa considering you have an advanced degree.

Yes US law firms will hire foreigners. The law firm that handled my husbands immigration had several lawyers (solicitors) working for them. So that claim is just hogwash.

Donna

• 1 decade ago

Geez people, no need to be rude.

Rob T. is correct. However, with your Law background and skills, you can do other things in the U.S., like become an Entertainment Agent or a Consultant. You aren't limited to just Law.

Legal immigration makes the world go round, and you will be welcomed here.

Source(s): My husband immigrated here from England.
  • 4 years ago

you're rather faulty approximately U.S. immigration regulation, techniques and the visas mandatory. at the start - your visit to the U. S. to work out your relitives isn't a concern, as U.ok. citizen you may legally shuttle to the U.S. visa loose under the visa waiver application. This stay might properly be for a optimum of 6 months - however the top length of stay would be desperate with the aid of the CBP at your port of get right of entry to - you do might desire to be conscious that in case you enter under this methodology then you definately isn't accepted to artwork. Now, in case you elect for to certainly circulate, stay & artwork contained in the U. S. then it is lots extra complicated - the nice and comfortable button is which you desire an organization based contained in the U.S. who would be prepared to sponsor your visa application. without an organization the probabilities of you residing right here completely are 0. take a examine out the hyperlinks under and notice which visa you're eligible for - you're able to examine out the non-immigrant artwork visas (H), corporation circulate-ee visas (L) investors visa (E) and the replace travelers visa (J) - those are the only visas which will show you how to phyically stay & artwork contained in the U. S.. besides that, have you ever seen examining over right here, granted it rather is costly to take action notwithstanding it rather is yet an selection selection so which you will check out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MadMan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No US law firm will hire a foreigner. If you work for a UK law firm, you might be able to get a transfer to the US.

• 1 decade ago

What kind of lawyer are you ,who cannot ask a simple question?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can't even make sense of your question your grammar is so bad amazing for a lawyer

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No we have enough greedy lawyers over here as it is;

I.e unemployment is roughly 12%

• 1 decade ago

You'd need to learn how to spell & punctuate properly first.

• 1 decade ago

ask the HAYA

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.